Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#301 Post by wobbly »

This I find interesting:

Code: Select all

// FIXME WTF Target.DesignId is accepted but returns zero while Target.DesignID does the right thing
// TODO also test/document (PartOfClassInShipDesign class = FighterWeapon design = Target.DesignID) 
                SetMaxCapacity      partname = "FT_HANGAR_1" value = Value + (PartsInShipDesign name = "FT_HANGAR_1" design = Target.DesignID)
However its been there for 2 years...

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#302 Post by wobbly »

Scrapping a ship fixes it. The triggers seem to be:

Has Laser Fighter or greater tech
Has more then 1 interceptor carrier

o01eg
Programmer

#303 Post by o01eg »

wobbly wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:24 pm This I find interesting:

Code: Select all

// FIXME WTF Target.DesignId is accepted but returns zero while Target.DesignID does the right thing
// TODO also test/document (PartOfClassInShipDesign class = FighterWeapon design = Target.DesignID) 
                SetMaxCapacity      partname = "FT_HANGAR_1" value = Value + (PartsInShipDesign name = "FT_HANGAR_1" design = Target.DesignID)
However its been there for 2 years...
I remember case sensitivity changes into parser was introduced recently.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#304 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:42 pm Scrapping a ship fixes it. The triggers seem to be:

No policies involved this time, right?

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#305 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:58 pm
wobbly wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:42 pm Scrapping a ship fixes it. The triggers seem to be:

No policies involved this time, right?
Yeah no policies.

If I get some free time I'll download latest master and see if its still happening in that.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#306 Post by Oberlus »

I tried 2d3ed21 and the bug didn't happen to me.

Build 2 large hull 1 interceptor, 1 launch bay, 1 MD, 1 armor. They have 3 interceptors per hangar.
Split the fleet and no changes.
Research laser fighters. Next turn interceptor hangars go from 3 to 4 in both ships.
Merge fleet, split it again. The interceptors stay at 4 per hangar.
Research laser weapons (just in case), nothing changes.
Research plasma fighters. Next turn the interceptors go from 4 to 5 per hangar.

Everything seems fine. Maybe the problem is only in our MP20 clients.

Guys, what do we do?

Start new game?
Update clients and server to the weekly test build of the week after 3abfde4 ?
Change nothing, keep playing, and test if the problem is only for UI and the combats will be just fine, and if that's right continue the game bearing the UI problem?

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#307 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:33 pm Change nothing, keep playing, and test if the problem is only for UI and the combats will be just fine, and if that's right continue the game bearing the UI problem?
I turned and I'll put my vote here. Its possible this is what Ophi fixed and o01eg updated server-side and the problem is just in the UI client-side. I don't mind playing on until we see if my interceptors actually launch. I also don't mind restarting and testing the new liberty balance either. Mostly I'll go with what others decide.

o01eg
Programmer

#308 Post by o01eg »

wobbly wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:12 pm
Oberlus wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:33 pm Change nothing, keep playing, and test if the problem is only for UI and the combats will be just fine, and if that's right continue the game bearing the UI problem?
I turned and I'll put my vote here. Its possible this is what Ophi fixed and o01eg updated server-side and the problem is just in the UI client-side. I don't mind playing on until we see if my interceptors actually launch. I also don't mind restarting and testing the new liberty balance either. Mostly I'll go with what others decide.
Yes, server works with https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 51319600f7 applied while clients don't.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#309 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:16 am I also don't mind restarting and testing the new liberty balance either.
In this game I am milking hard the Liberty bonus with no upper limit. With Bureaucracy and the +5 base stability, my less happy world is over 15 stability, and capital is giving me over 7 RP per turn only from Liberty. Sooo broken.
Plus I already got 8 species, including Kobuntura and several barren worlds in my close area, a couple of luxury specials that will be mine to export soon and will further rise research. I just need some more IPs that Bureaucracy is stealling from me.

If we keep playing, I'm planning to stomp on all of you :twisted:

I will also go with the choice of the majority. Restart with newer version is an option to me.

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#310 Post by Endhu »

If the server works correctly then I think it's ok to continue even with unupdated clients

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#311 Post by Endhu »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:43 am
If we keep playing, I'm planning to stomp on all of you :twisted:
This means you're basically asking all of us to ally against you?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#312 Post by Oberlus »

Endhu wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:52 am This means you're basically asking all of us to ally against you?
Hmmm... No need to hurry, I can wait.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#313 Post by wobbly »

LienRag's Invasion Shopping List
Bombers
Troopers
Daiquiris

Fuel??

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#314 Post by wobbly »

This combat report is pretty wierd, what fighters am I attacking in rounds 3 and 4? All the enemy fighters died in round 2:

fighter.png
fighter.png (175.7 KiB) Viewed 500 times

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#315 Post by Oberlus »

The planets floated in front of they, in their eternal spinning, with colourful auras to indicate the presence of the different foreign empires that populate the known universe. The many pots in the room kept in line around the holografic map.
- Something's wrong with the feeder, my roots feel itchy -said one of the pots staring in their silent language-. Peonia, fix it.
The electronic answer was immediate.
- I'm on my way, High Sapling.
- Thank you.
The High Sapling walked away from the map, and the other pots agrupated around it.
- So we all agree, the galaxy is aproaching its maximum growth, and species are already clashing for land. We need to prepare for survival, for war, and we can't do it alone. Too many powers around us looking at us and longing for our land.
The leaves of all the saplings trembled in agreement.
- What we don't know is who can we rely on, and what can we offer in exchange for the help...
The pots walked again around the map. A robotic servant entered the room and began working on the High Sapling's pot hydroponic system.