Hostile Planet Takeover

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

Re: Hostile Planet Takeover

#91 Post by Daybreak »

Gray Area wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:22 pm To date, I've only played as a human. I generally use Outpost Ships to take possession of planets, etc. And, after simply taking possession of a planet, from my limited experience, I've not seen any main population, or any Troops appear on that planet.
Once you place an outpost, troops will grow to 12, based on your Tech for troops. Thats a given.

Gray Area wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:22 pm After using an Outpost Ship, in order to place a population on a planet, I've had to choose between colonizing the planet with either humans, or Exobots. I've then selected either Colony of Human, or Colony of Exobot from the planet's Producible Items Screen to colonize it.

It generally it takes around five (5) turns for colonization to become complete. And, during that time, I have not observed any main population, or Troops appear on the planet until the colonization cycle has completed itself.
You can't even see Eros Alpha II, so you don't know whats going on.

Can you go and load an old saved game, one of the auto saves if you haven't saved for a while, so you can see what is happeniing. remember to save your game.

* If you colonised Eros Alpha II with Human, then a Radiated planet is Hostile, and you may not have the tech to maintain it, and they died off.
* If you took over a planet with Chato then Radiated planet is Poor, and again you may not have the tech to maintain them, and they died off.

Right click on Eros Alpha II and choose Planet Suitability. What does it say for Humans.
Gray Area wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:22 pm I've just run a test by colonizing a Small Terran Planet with humans. At the end of the colonization cycle, the human population was 1.00, with a target population of 12:00. At the same time, Troops also appeared with a population of 6.00, and a maximum target of 12.4.
You would have had troops before the end of the colonization cycle, and as this is a Terran planet (Good for Humans), then it will be fine, and they wont die off.
Last edited by Daybreak on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#92 Post by Oberlus »

Gray Area, maybe you missed this reply:
Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:00 pm
Gray Area wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:28 pm 3. Some planets with foreign species can be "temporarily" taken, but not held. After a few turns, the foreign species again takes over the planet, and locks me out of the Focus control. After this happen for the third time on one planet, I decided to bomb the species out of existence. However, to my complete surprise, I could not bomb them with Bio-Terminators. In this case, with more than ample Bombers and Troop Ships in the system, the "choice box for bombing," never appeared, even though the "choice box for invading" did.
You have a Happiness/Stability problem - after taking a native species, try testing the focus by changing the focus, and then hovering over the happiness to see the different outcomes
If happiness goes negative then rebel troops will appear and if for too long you will lose control of the planet.
If you post a screenshot of the planet before you lose it, while hovering the mouse on the stability icon, we can walk you through each of the modifiers and make some suggestions if you like.

Gray Area wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:20 pm my Bio-Terminator Bombers did not work. I then created Death Spores Bombers, and they didn't work either.

So, I went back to the Pedia. The Pedia does not specifically say that Bio-Terminators, and Death Spores will not work on this species, but it does identify them as having a Phototrophic Metabolism.
The Pedia says those weapons will kill organic populations.
I guess it should be rephrased to mention metabolism, and add a link to organic metabolism.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#93 Post by Daybreak »

I see that while I have ween writing, most answered the questions already

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#94 Post by LienRag »

Know that the Bombardment is quite buggy, and isn't really used because both its bugginess and the fact that it's usually not interesting compared to the capture of an intact planet.

I, personally, am against reviving the feature before we have the concept of "Atrocities" (Diplomacy is supposed to come in the 0.6 version if I remember the roadmap correctly).

Gray Area
Space Squid

#95 Post by Gray Area »

Daybreak, LienRag, Oberlus, and wobbly,

I'm breaking Forum Silence, as I've played several games since my last post, and believe I now have a solid, working knowledge of how to takeover a planet.

Thanks again for all of your help and advice.

Gray Area