Twenty-first game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

o01eg
Programmer

Twenty-first game on the multiplayer slow game server

#1 Post by o01eg »

Voices about closing previous game are crossing entire universe so I open thread about next game. It will continue to polish future 0.5.0 release too. Weekly test build version is 2022-08-30.000f16b. Also it uses alternative default folder: https://freeorion-test.dedyn.io/default-mp-fo0021.7z (SHA256: e8a2ce0247a3886c0979ce83dfeeb45234ca3d46d04af51a7f9d2f503e631c29 MD5: 88bf094a750c6c78db86e5c4eca64f85) with included #4128 and #4116.

Not sure if we really finish previous game to that time, but currently I schedule test game at 30th of August and actual game at 1st of September. Also some issues about allies was raised so I think we need to address some of them before next game.

Changes from previous game:
  • Research cost: 60%.
  • Production cost: 60%.
  • Protection Focus Stability Bonus: 5
  • Planet Stability Baseline: 3
  • Singularity of Transcendence Cost Scaling: 0.2
  • 2 fixed random teams.
  • Diplomacy changes disabled.
  • Monsters Frequency: Medium.
Currently there are 8 registered players:
o01eg
wobbly
LienRag
Daybreak
Ophiuchus
Oberlus
BlueAward
Endhu
Last edited by o01eg on Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Twenty-first game on the multiplayer slow game server

#2 Post by wobbly »

I'll try and get through the game rules suggested here:

https://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtop ... =stability

over the weekend. I'd like to try with defense focus stability = +5

which would give base stability(+5) + defense focus(+5) = disconnection penalty(-10)

and count me in again.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by LienRag »

I would like disabling entirely the Protection focus stability bonus (except maybe removing disconnection penalty) but setting it at +5 is a compromise I think we could indeed test.

We talked about testing different Stability depending on the quality of the Environment, too.

Could we finally test my situational stealth proposals also ?
They passed the tests in single player but stealth needs testing in multiplayer since AI doesn't know how to handle it.

o01eg
Programmer

#4 Post by o01eg »

LienRag wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:30 pm Could we finally test my situational stealth proposals also ?
They passed the tests in single player but stealth needs testing in multiplayer since AI doesn't know how to handle it.
Could you prepare it as PR with rule to enable-disable it?
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by LienRag »

o01eg wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:32 pm Could you prepare it as PR with rule to enable-disable it?
I don't know how to do that, but they're mostly ship parts (and some buildings) and the FOCS for them is already posted in the relevant thread.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#6 Post by Daybreak »

LienRag wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:59 pm
o01eg wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:32 pm Could you prepare it as PR with rule to enable-disable it?
I don't know how to do that, but they're mostly ship parts (and some buildings) and the FOCS for them is already posted in the relevant thread.
I cant do a PR either - I could not work it out- feature request is ok. Would really like a real step by step on how to do it.

o01leg - I am in for next game.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#7 Post by wobbly »

LienRag wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:30 pm We talked about testing different Stability depending on the quality of the Environment, too.
See the link in post above.

You suggested elsewhere increasing capital influence. While I do not agree with the suggestion I could add a game rule to set capital influence.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#8 Post by Ophiuchus »

I'd like to play
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#9 Post by Oberlus »

Count me in.

The random teams is less interesting to me (because I'd really like to fight LR and DB :twisted: ), but I'm OK with whatever teams we end up.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#10 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:57 pm because I'd really like to fight LR and DB :twisted:
:lol: you so want to get me back. bring it on :wink:

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#11 Post by wobbly »

but ... but... I already PM'd o01eg to rig one team to be Oberlus, Daybreak and LienRag...

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#12 Post by BlueAward »

I'd like to play, but there's a catch: my availability would be low or nonexistent 17th - 24th. I'm not sure if that would be a good idea to delegate very start (even if that's a crucial part and perhaps somebody more experienced could actually set me off to a better race than I could myself... but then it wouldn't be "my" game)

So if you could, postponing the game by a week to include me would be awesome. Or at least have a prolonged warmup period chiefly without me

I realize I'm a random new person who does not know the multiplayer meta and thus perhaps may be a liability to their team, even, but I'd hope you'd actually be interested in getting some new blood. I am not a total noob, I gleamed some insights from the forums regarding MP (bit afraid of social dynamics, though :) ), and - however incosequential to a MP game it may be - I do have SP experience, including recent test builds rather than "official stable" version, so don't have to be explained, like, everything

However, I guess if counting me in you would not gather even number of players to have two equally numbered teams, then I shall pass, no worries.

What does it mean "diplomacy changes disabled"?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#13 Post by Oberlus »

BlueAward, since this will be a fixed-teams game, delegation between players of the same team is totally reasonable, so sporadic temporal absences should not be a problem.
Please, join! :D

PS: it means that teams can't be changed after game start.
In free-diplomacy games, players can change their status between war, peace and alliance at will. Temporal alliances are possible.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#14 Post by Daybreak »

I dont mind waiting until the 24th.

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#15 Post by BlueAward »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:47 pm PS: it means that teams can't be changed after game start.
In free-diplomacy games, players can change their status between war, peace and alliance at will. Temporal alliances are possible.
Thank you for clarification.

Another thing I am missing is actual settings if, say, I want to try something over the weekend. It's a chain of "what changed since last game" and not obvious to replicate fully. I guess the galaxy is "box"? Never played that one. Production cost - you set it up by changing both ships' cost and buildings' cost, right? Is Transcendence set to 10%?
Oberlus wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:47 pm BlueAward, since this will be a fixed-teams game, delegation between players of the same team is totally reasonable, so sporadic temporal absences should not be a problem.
Please, join! :D
Regarding delegation - yes, sure, later on I see no problem. It's just the very beginning of the game I would not want to skip, when things are fresh and undecided.