Twenty-first game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

Re: Twenty-first game on the multiplayer slow game server

#181 Post by BlueAward »

LienRag wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:31 pm For information, tomorrow (friday) i won't be able to play until late evening.
Thank you for the heads up! Though, late evening is relative, depends on time zone. Best to specify time zone, maybe ZULU so everybody corrects to their own time zone... Though some Brits may get confused that in summer they're in GMT+1 (BST) not GMT... Though the last part irrelevant with fuzzier term like "evening".

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#182 Post by Oberlus »

I think late evening for LienRag is around the time he posted.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#183 Post by LienRag »

BlueAward wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:19 am Thank you for the heads up! Though, late evening is relative, depends on time zone. Best to specify time zone, maybe ZULU so everybody corrects to their own time zone... Though some Brits may get confused that in summer they're in GMT+1 (BST) not GMT... Though the last part irrelevant with fuzzier term like "evening".
Right, my apology !
I'm currently in GMT+ so basically, what Oberlus said.
Anyway I was able to free myself a little bit sooner, but apparently Endhu hasn't played yet ?

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#184 Post by Endhu »

Yeah, this week I could mostly only manage to connect once per day.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#185 Post by LienRag »

Endhu wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:51 am Yeah, this week I could mostly only manage to connect once per day.
Thanks for informing us.
Will it be around the same time each day ?

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#186 Post by Endhu »

I'm afraid there won't be much order to this, generally evening GMT+1, but might be some other time if the opportunity presents itself elsewhen.
It should be back to normal after this week though

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#187 Post by wobbly »

UI Glitch on turn 60. I have a ship with enough fuel to move. Set the destination, works as normal, go on with the turn, come back to it, it now says ETA out of range. We'll see if it actually moves or not.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#188 Post by wobbly »

wobbly wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:16 pm UI Glitch on turn 60. I have a ship with enough fuel to move. Set the destination, works as normal, go on with the turn, come back to it, it now says ETA out of range. We'll see if it actually moves or not.
Did not move. For later reference its the "Moth" at Xudax delta and it displayed as having 1.0 fuel

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#189 Post by BlueAward »

wobbly wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:43 am
wobbly wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:16 pm UI Glitch on turn 60. I have a ship with enough fuel to move. Set the destination, works as normal, go on with the turn, come back to it, it now says ETA out of range. We'll see if it actually moves or not.
Did not move. For later reference its the "Moth" at Xudax delta and it displayed as having 1.0 fuel
RIP :(

So far I have seen that when I have for example 0.9 fuel and game thinks I will get 0.1 so can move next turn... but when the turn comes actually I could not move yet, guess fuel increase comes after order to move thought it has no fuel. But you seem to refer to a different thing

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#190 Post by Daybreak »

It depends on where you were moving it to. If Miranda, then it should have moved, as that is exactly 1 jump from Xudax Delta.

Anywhere else, it shows it can move but distance is just more than 1 fuel and it wont move, but says it can - I have seen this before

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#191 Post by wobbly »

Daybreak wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:31 am
It depends on where you were moving it to. If Miranda, then it should have moved, as that is exactly 1 jump from Xudax Delta.

Anywhere else, it shows it can move but distance is just more than 1 fuel and it wont move, but says it can - I have seen this before
Hyades which is the empty system 1 jump away. There was 2 things weird about the situation:

1. It allowed me to select the destination at turn start and was working perfectly fine. It was only after I'd placed other turn orders that it stopped working.
2. There was no sitrep - "Ship blah now has sufficient fuel to travel". Despite having gone from 0.9 to 1.0 fuel by waiting a turn.
turn60.png
turn60.png (13.82 KiB) Viewed 528 times
1 fuel. Hyades is 1 jump away

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#192 Post by Daybreak »

wobbly wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:19 pm

Hyades which is the empty system 1 jump away. There was 2 things weird about the situation:

1. It allowed me to select the destination at turn start and was working perfectly fine. It was only after I'd placed other turn orders that it stopped working.
2. There was no sitrep - "Ship blah now has sufficient fuel to travel". Despite having gone from 0.9 to 1.0 fuel by waiting a turn.

turn60.png

Hyades is 1.2 maybe 1.3 away at speed 80

The problem is with 1 Fuel FO allows you to select it , and you assume it will make it, but it does what you said.

I just came from Xudax delta gong to Hyades, and after one jump, still have more to go.

b
Hyades.png
Hyades.png (16.26 KiB) Viewed 503 times

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#193 Post by wobbly »

Daybreak wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:47 pm
wobbly wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:19 pm

turn60.png

Hyades is 1.2 maybe 1.3 away at speed 80

The problem is with 1 Fuel FO allows you to select it , and you assume it will make it, but it does what you said.

I just came from Xudax delta gong to Hyades, and after one jump, still have more to go.

b
Hyades.png
1 starlane is 1 fuel. irrelevant of actual speed or distance.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#194 Post by Daybreak »

wobbly wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:49 pm 1 starlane is 1 fuel. irrelevant of actual speed or distance.
Can you explain that better, because that is not what I have been seeing, or maybe I am misunderstanding it, however the way FO acts that is not the case, as you experienced.

Could it be that although there is a deduction of only 1 fuel, from a ships fuel tank, per starlane, the ship still needs more than 1 fuel if distance is more than 1 fuel away - becuase thats what I have seen.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#195 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:43 pm
wobbly wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:49 pm 1 starlane is 1 fuel. irrelevant of actual speed or distance.
Can you explain that better, because that is not what I have been seeing, or maybe I am misunderstanding it, however the way FO acts that is not the case, as you experienced.
No way to explain that better.
Jumping one starlane costs 1 fuel.
Check it out in a game.