Fleet assembly

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Setjhaba
Space Floater

Fleet assembly

#1 Post by Setjhaba »

I upgraded from 0.2 to 0.3.1RC4. Now I can't add ships to the production queue. Do I lack anything, or is this a bug?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

You have to specify a build location. First click on a planet you own, then click the ship in the list and click add to queue, or double click the ship in the list.

The UI needs some work...

Setjhaba
Space Floater

#3 Post by Setjhaba »

It seems I'm making some mistake then. When I click on "Production" and select "Ship" and "Scout", there is no location to specify...I used to build ships in 0.2 but I can´t remember how I did it for it´s been a while...

Geoff the Medio

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

On the production screen, did you click on a planet you own, on the sidepanel, where you want to build the ship?

In v0.2, you used a drop down list of buildable items for each planet on the sidepanel. There was no separate production screen.

Setjhaba
Space Floater

#5 Post by Setjhaba »

I knew, I got some ships in 0.2...so that was the reason I managed it there: different way to go...

I found the problem: I mustn'n click on "Production". If I click "Production" a production-screen lacking the starsystem-selection-panel appears. I have to doubleclick on a system and then the production window shows up with the system-selection-panel at the right...but wasn't it intended to work by clicking "Production"???

Geoff the Medio

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Double clicking on a system does the same thing as clicking the Production button, then clicking once on a system on the map while the Production screen is open.

For some reason tzlaine decided that the sidepanel in the production screen and the sidepanel on the regular map should separately track which systems they're looking at. In the game, the Production screen sidepanel defaults to showing no systems. So, if you click on Production for the first time, it opens the production screen with no system shown, which I think is quite confusing and complicated (and your difficulty seems to support my view).

IMO instead what should happen is that changing the system shown in the regular or Production Sidepanel should correspondingly change the other as well... and thus if you open the sidepanel to a system, then click on Production, the production screen would pop up showing that same system.

Setjhaba
Space Floater

#7 Post by Setjhaba »

If you click on "Production" the sidepanel is always empty, but I can select a system now...

Geoff the Medio

#8 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Setjhaba wrote:If you click on "Production" the sidepanel is always empty
The first time you click Production, the production screen sidepanel will probably be empty since you haven't yet selected a system in the production screen. If you click Production, select a system, then click to close and re-click to re-open Production, then the same system will be selected as you clicked on before.