(Another) Compile problem: Graphviz

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Rossi
Space Krill

(Another) Compile problem: Graphviz

#1 Post by Rossi »

Godd day, everybody,

I am trying to compile freeorion, but without success so far (as you may have guessed due to the headline).

I am stuck with graphviz. scons will not detect it. I have compiled graphviz from source to /usr/local/include/graphviz, and (of course) /usr/local/lib/graphviz.

But whatever I try, I always get these messages:

Code: Select all

chr@dhaguun:~/downloads/orion/freeorion/FreeOrion$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Configuring for POSIX system...
Checking for pkg-config... yes
Checking for GiGiSDL >= 0.6.0... yes
Checking for C++ header file boost/shared_ptr.hpp... yes
Checking Boost version >= 1.33.1... (cached) yes
Looking for boost lib boost_serialization...
Checking for boost::archive::binary_iarchive::is_saving() in C++ library boost_serialization... yes
Looking for boost lib boost_iostreams...
Checking for main() in C++ library boost_iostreams... yes
Boost configuration... (cached) ok
Checking for libgraph >= 2.8... no
NameError: name 'found_it_with_pkg_config' is not defined:
  File "SConstruct", line 337:
    if not found_it_with_pkg_config:
These messages are the same regardless the options I give to scons;
| scons with_graphviz_libdir=/usr/local/lib/graphviz/ with_graphviz_include=/usr/local/include/graphviz/ and other options I tried won't help; it has not helped to insert /usr/local/lib/graphviz in /etc/ld.so.conf either.

Distribution is an OpenSuse 10.1.

Please let me know if I should supply more information. I would be glad if anyone can help me...

Best regards and greetings from germany,
Rossi

MareviQ
Space Kraken

#2 Post by MareviQ »

regardles of what directories you pass to scons it apparently needs to find graphviz using pkg-config. To allow it to do so simply use

locate libgraph.pc
to find where pkg-config data for graphviz is stored and then set the enviromental variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point to that directory

Rossi
Space Krill

#3 Post by Rossi »

MareviQ wrote:regardles of what directories you pass to scons it apparently needs to find graphviz using pkg-config. To allow it to do so simply use

locate libgraph.pc
to find where pkg-config data for graphviz is stored and then set the enviromental variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point to that directory
Thanks!
While the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH already pointed to the directory with libgraph.pc:

chr@dhaguun:~/downloads/orion/freeorion/FreeOrion$ locate libgraph.pc
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libgraph.pc
chr@dhaguun:~/downloads/orion/freeorion/FreeOrion$ echo $echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig: /opt/kde3/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/share/pkgconfig
(I inserted a space to not broaden the message). I got a bit annoyed, moved every file from /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig into /usr/lib/pkgconfig, deleted /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and set a symbolic link to /usr/lib/pkgconfig instead.

Then everything went fine, until I noticed I forgot log4cpp. Comiling this source gave an error:

then mv -f ".deps/FileAppender.Tpo" ".deps/FileAppender.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/FileAppender.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -pedantic -MT FileAppender.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/FileAppender.Tpo -c FileAppender.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/FileAppender.o
../include/log4cpp/Manipulator.hh:29: error: extra ';'
make[1]: *** [FileAppender.lo] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chr/downloads/log4cpp-0.3.5rc3/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1                                                                                                           
Then I opened this include/log4cpp/Manipulator.hh, and removed the ';' in line 29. It seems to compile now; was this the right thing, so this is a bug in log4cpp? I do not have a good feeling about this, as 'make check' said: "1 of 10 tests failed".

Any hints with that, perhaps?

Thanks again and best regards,
Rossi

Rossi
Space Krill

#4 Post by Rossi »

Well, this one vanished - I got a new box for myself as the old one smoked up, so I cannot even repeat this error. Problem solved by new hardware:).

Best regards, Rossi