What am I doing wrong?

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

godel
Space Dragon

Re: What am I doing wrong?

#31 Post by godel »

I now have an up to date freeorion in a directory accessable by command line.
How do I get that to be noticed so that I can click on an icon and install it in a game folder?
I did just check and it is not on the desktop nor in the Games folder accessible by using Menu.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: What am I doing wrong?

#32 Post by Dilvish »

godel wrote:I now have an up to date freeorion in a directory accessable by command line.
Woot! Congrats on making it through that!
How do I get that to be noticed so that I can click on an icon and install it in a game folder?
I did just check and it is not on the desktop nor in the Games folder accessible by using Menu.
Exact details will vary a bit, but as a general matter I expect you can right-click on that Menu you mention and you should probably get some sort of option to edit applications, which will then pull a little interface that will let you add an item to your Games submenu. Besides the "Name' you will specify for your menu listing, the key part is the 'command', which will be the full path to your freeorion executable, perhaps

Code: Select all

/home/sean/src-tarball/freeorion_build/freeorion
based on what you've shown above, but to doublecheck the path you could navigate to that directory and then enter

Code: Select all

pwd
A suitable icon to choose for it can be found at /default/data/art/icons/FO_Icon_64x64.png (or perhaps one of the other sizes of icon there)
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0