svn read access for an amateur programmer?

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

theBMC
Space Krill

svn read access for an amateur programmer?

#1 Post by theBMC »

i'd like to be able to download the latest subversion.
not being allowed to commit is fine, i can just post my files to the forum for inspection. I likely will have little to commit for a while.
i'm not a very good programmer, however i'm published on some titles, and I have worked for Ignition Entertainment, War Drum Studios, and Artificial Studios. I helped with the title update on Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia (xbox 360), i've worked on code in some games currently in production I can't disclose, I've done level editing, game balancing for these games also. I am a credited programmer on several IPhone games by war drum studios.
I'll be sure to post any bugs I get.
I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit with 3g ram and a 1.7ghz dual processor, and i have a mac mini (its a loaner, no guaruntees i can do mac OSX compiles/bug reports indefinitely- i really just want compile access for my Vista PC).
I only speak English. Sorry.
I really would appreciate SVN access, so I can help develop my programming skills and hopefully add to the wonderful game FreeOrion.
Please email me [email protected] if you will allow me read access? I'd like to be able to try to wrap my head around this code.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: svn read access for an amateur programmer?

#2 Post by pd »

Everyone is allowed to read SVN.
Did your attempts fail or haven't you tried yet?

theBMC
Space Krill

#3 Post by theBMC »

it demanded a password at first, and this time it allowed me read access.
people like to look over my virtual shoulder too much, maybe

charlieg
Space Floater

#4 Post by charlieg »

I think the https://svn... requests a password but the http://svn... does not. IIRC. I could take 2 seconds to test but I typed this excuse instead.
Free Gamer - open source games resource
FreeGameDev - Free Software game community