Fatal error LNK1104, python25.lib

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

General_Zaber
Space Kraken

Fatal error LNK1104, python25.lib

#1 Post by General_Zaber »

Okay, so I've got the latest source files from SVN, I've successfully compiled freeorion, freeoriond and all three GiGi projects (With a lot of warnings, but no errors), but I just get one fatal error when I compile freeorionca (0 Warnings for freeorionca, just the error).

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python25.lib'

Mind you I have Python 2.6, and i've updated the directories in the MSVC properties everywhere it referred to C:\python25, I _was_ getting 6 errors before but all of those were replaced by this one after i changed the directories in the properties box.

My System: Vista x64, MSVC 2008 Express

I saw a reference to the same error on an older thread, but I don't think it applies here because it was referring to a GG library or something rather than one from python. If you know what the problem is I thank you in advance. I have a feeling I've looked over something trivial...
The enemy is retreating! As always, there is no cuteness about them. Dammit

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Fatal error LNK1104, python25.lib

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Try opening up the freeorionca project property page, going into the linker section, input sub-section, and changing the additional dependencies entry from python25.lib to python26.lib.

General_Zaber
Space Kraken

#3 Post by General_Zaber »

Yeah I did that already, I was getting a different error six times before, this one happens every time I rebuild freeorionca _after_ updating the dependency, I'll try building everything at once again to see if there's a problem there.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

My previous post suggested updating the name of a library dependency file name, not the include or library directories you said you updated. (The additional dependencies directories list is one of the places it looks for the named .lib files in the separate list.)

Rebuilding the other projects shouldn't matter.

General_Zaber
Space Kraken

#5 Post by General_Zaber »

Oh! Now I get it. Yep that's done it, no more error. Everything builds "successfully", now its jsut a matter of eliminating some 500 warnings, but never mind those yet, I'll see if they have solutions already, Thanks a bunch Geoff!