Compile Errors (3339)

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderators: Oberlus, Oberlus

planetbaker
Space Floater

Re: Compile Errors (3339)

#16 Post by planetbaker » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:38 am

I tried to pinpoint this SIGABRT error a bit more. It seems that r3315 triggers this; versions before can be started, versions later not. And if I revert it, also r3340 works.

Unrelated to this: is the version string, the binary shows in the title bar, updated automatically during building?
Attachments

[The extension diff has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Unless stated explicitly and differently, any patches or artwork I should post in this forum are licensed under GPL v2 or - at your discretion - any later version of the GPL.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#17 Post by Geoff the Medio » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:19 am

What happens if you replace, in the SVN version, all the instances of

Code: Select all

DATA_PANEL_ICON_STYLE
with what should be its value,

Code: Select all

GG::GRAPHIC_CENTER | GG::GRAPHIC_VCENTER | GG::GRAPHIC_FITGRAPHIC | GG::GRAPHIC_PROPSCALE
?

That seemed to be the line that was causing the crashes, and is notably modified in 3315.

When building with SCons, the SVN revision was substituted into the source file of the function that returns the game version number. This has never worked with MSVS, and while I don't know if it works with XCode, but I'd be surprised if it did.

Edit: the vorbis -> Vorbis capitalization change probably isn't the proper solution, as the capitalization in the Win32 SDK is vorbis. Likely this should be fixed by adjusting the naming of the directory in the OSX SDK. /Edit

Edit2: The inquired-about change above to DATA_PANEL_ICON_STYLE has been committed and should hopefully fix the problem...? /Edit2

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

#18 Post by Bigjoe5 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Revision 3342 builds successfully and runs. In addition, it compiles successfully without removing Combat.cpp and Combat.h from the build (there is also something called Makefile that has been deleted in svn, but still appears in the build for Xcode; it doesn't cause any problems either).
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

Geoff the Medio

#19 Post by Geoff the Medio » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:51 pm

Bigjoe5 wrote:In addition, it compiles successfully without removing Combat.cpp and Combat.h from the build
They were removed from the SVN version of the XCode projects after planetmaker provided me with a diff.
(there is also something called Makefile that has been deleted in svn, but still appears in the build for Xcode; it doesn't cause any problems either).
What you mean by "still appears" is unclear, but it might be in the OSX SDK still, which hasn't been updated, or it might be created by XCode as part of the build process, much like is the case for CMake builds.

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

#20 Post by Bigjoe5 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 am

Geoff the Medio wrote:What you mean by "still appears" is unclear, but it might be in the OSX SDK still, which hasn't been updated, or it might be created by XCode as part of the build process, much like is the case for CMake builds.
Basically, "still appears" means that in the list of files which are apparently supposed to be part of the build, Combat.cpp, Combat.h and Makefile still are still there. Previously, deleting Combat.h and Combat.cpp from that list was what made the build succeed, whereas now, there is no such need, so whatever you did rendered that step unnecessary.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

planetbaker
Space Floater

#21 Post by planetbaker » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:41 am

BigJoe5 is right, I fixed so far only the critical place. There are obviously two places where files are stored:
- the source file list
- the files related to the single build targets

In my previous diff I only removed it due to my ignorance of XCode projects only from the latter. Attached a diff which removes them also from the source file list, including the here also non-existing Makefile.

Sorry, I didn't spot that back then.
Attachments

Unless stated explicitly and differently, any patches or artwork I should post in this forum are licensed under GPL v2 or - at your discretion - any later version of the GPL.

.Id
Space Squid

#22 Post by .Id » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 am

Thanks for the help in getting the Xcode project updated to recent revisions.

I'm still figuring out what to do about the case sensitivity problem.

As an FYI, I think there's still an issue that's an artifact of revision 3328: the AI and Server processes now calling InitDirs() is not working for me. That's a result of the AI/Server executables not being the "main" executable in the application bundle, so that the call to CFBundleGetMainBundle() returns null.

I wonder why no one else sees this: maybe the Server & AI targets weren't rebuilt when testing?

I'll try to rework the Directories.cpp code, but just wanted to bring this to attention in case anyone suddenly starts having problem with the new revisions.

Geoff the Medio

#23 Post by Geoff the Medio » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:49 am

.Id
Space Squid

#24 Post by .Id » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:12 am

Thanks, it was useful. Just committed the change to fallback on that alternate method for determining paths, let me know if you guys see any problems.

.Id
Space Squid

#25 Post by .Id » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Compilation failures on Macs due to case sensitive filesystems are addressed in the latest SDK

See also: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4645