Turn off or delay dashed circles around Molecular clouds, etc

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

Turn off or delay dashed circles around Molecular clouds, etc

#1 Post by Daybreak »

Is there a way to turn off the circles that surrounf ion storms, molecular clouds, etc?

I looked in Options but could not find anything.

If not can I suggest a 2 second delay before they appear as your mouse moves across them, so that if you move out of the area or to another object they wont appear.

Thanks

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Turn off or delay dashed circles around Molecular clouds, etc

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

You should be able to replace the texture with an empty image that has all its pixels with 0 in the alpha channel. You'd just need a decent image editor that can save PNG files with an alpha channel / transparency info.

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... seover.png

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

Re: Turn off or delay dashed circles around Molecular clouds, etc

#3 Post by Daybreak »

Apologies for late reply

Thanks Geoff

Its not really about the images, although it can be distracting sometimes, its about the fact they get in the way, and being transparent would not change that.

For example: When sending a ship to another location using right click, you are moving you mouse so fast you may not be right on the system, and a right click results in a pedia popup for an accretion disc, or Ion storm, etc, then you have to left click away from the popup before completing the correct action.

Now I am a little more used to the circles, they can be handy, so my suggestion of having a 1 or 2 second delay before they appear would pretty much fix the issues.

Anyway just a suggestion, and such a small issue I will class it as a first world problem !!! and just put up with it.