No end?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

xahodo
Space Floater

No end?

#1 Post by xahodo »

There seems to be this problem with the game not ending when all enemy empires have been defeated. Is this still missing or did an enemy ship slip by my ship stack of doom?

I've invaded all planets of my opponent, so he should be defeated. However, the game does not end.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: No end?

#2 Post by Ophiuchus »

This is expected behaviour. You should have gotten a message like "Victory" the first turn after defeating the last enemy.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

o01eg
Programmer

#3 Post by o01eg »

Did situation report say you win? If not there possible some ships or so left.

The server doesn't end game when winner condition matched so you better to read situation reports and player window.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

EricF
Space Dragon

#4 Post by EricF »

This game is in what as known as Alpha testing. In Beta testing the game is more or less finished and all that remains is bug fixing, optimization and play balance. Before that is Alpha testing. In Alpha the game is not feature complete. It lacks important features expected to be in when the game is "finished". I'm not a Dev so I'm unsure of what they are all going to be, but at least Politics, Influence, Espionage and maybe others are still missing. Things like Victory Conditions and Victory Splash Screens would be part of Beta.
Of course the modern trend in paid software is to release Alpha games and make people pay for bug fixes and new features in the form of DLC content. :lol:

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#5 Post by defaultuser »

As there are multiple ways to win, I doubt they plan to end the game when one is reached.

EricF
Space Dragon

#6 Post by EricF »

defaultuser wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:57 pm As there are multiple ways to win, I doubt they plan to end the game when one is reached.
There will probably be some obvious splash screen telling you "You have won a "X" victory! Do you want to continue playing?"
and a yes no option I would imagine.