Crash when Completing Production of Custom Ship Design (3)

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

javapapo
Space Krill

Crash when Completing Production of Custom Ship Design (3)

#1 Post by javapapo »

Hello to everyone, greetings from Greece.

FreeOrion version: 0.3.14 {Rev 3571]
Operating System: Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3
Macintosh: iMac 20' -2Ghz Intel Core Duo (iMac 4,1)

During my very first game, turn 413 and a small number of planets - I have the famous hang during the end of turn - The main page displays {Production and Growth]

Quite unofortunate - since it is always like that, I have tried to do some saves, to remove previous save files, to increase the number of max turns for autosave.

Despite the fact that I have not studied the source code - I had a quick look on the log file.

Code: Select all

2010-05-28 01:27:18,034 DEBUG Client : ClientNetworking::NetworkingThread() : Networking thread will be terminated due to disconnect exception "End of file"
Any tips or hints would be appreciated? Shall I try the previous version? For the time being I am quite excited to find free orion so I wanted to play a bit :).

Attaching the logs as well.
Attachments
macOrionHang314.zip
Log files
(16.95 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Another application hang during end of turn ver3.1.14 (Mac)

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

On the turn before the crash, were you about to complete production on a custom ship design?

javapapo
Space Krill

#3 Post by javapapo »

Yes - an improved colony ship. I am sorry I have red about it in previous threads - forgot to mention it!

Is it a 'working on it? issue? - expecting some bug fix- in the near future?

Just asking no worries :).

ps)by the way have you considered using a more proper bug system - bugzilla or other support oriented services (JIRA, Issue Tracker etc).(Update) open to the users? I just saw the bug service through sourceforge.

Many thanks for your time.

kroddn
Static Linker

#4 Post by kroddn »

What's wrong with sf.net's Bugtracker? As long as people don't use such systems, the type of that system doesn't matter.

Geoff the Medio

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

javapapo wrote:Is it a 'working on it? issue? - expecting some bug fix- in the near future?
I'm currently working on something else, but plan to look into the custom-ship-production crash "soon".

Geoff the Medio

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
javapapo wrote:Is it a 'working on it? issue? - expecting some bug fix- in the near future?
I'm currently working on something else, but plan to look into the custom-ship-production crash "soon".
Update: This may be fixed in the latest SVN version. The save files will probably be incompatible with v0.3.14, however some testing would be helpful, with the hopefully-soon-to-be-released win32 binaries-only update, or hopefully-soon-to-be-released linux static binaries, or self-compiled binaries.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#7 Post by pd »

Geoff the Medio wrote:some testing would be helpful, with the hopefully-soon-to-be-released win32 binaries-only update
I've just uploaded it.