0.3.14 can't start arch linux

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

athros
Krill Swarm

Re: 0.3.14 can't start arch linux

#31 Post by athros »

Ok. So, it built all the way up to TechTreeWnd.cpp - it can't find gvc.h

Code: Select all

FreeOrion/UI/TechTreeWnd.cpp:21:17: fatal error: gvc.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [client/human/CMakeFiles/freeorion.dir/__/__/UI/TechTreeWnd.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [client/human/CMakeFiles/freeorion.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Code: Select all

locate gvc.h
/usr/include/graphviz/gvc.h
I'm looking at other forum posts....but I don't see anything other than downgrade (which I can't do, no packages exist for it...)

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#32 Post by Geoff the Medio »

There was some work on a GraphViz replacement that you might be able to use: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4742

The patches are probably out of date a bit, but could be relativley easily adapted. It was incomplete, though, so not yet committed so SVN.

You can also comment out the #include "gvc.h" and the entire contents of TechTreeWnd::LayoutPanel::Layout in TechTreeWnd.cpp to get it building, though you probably won't have a usable tech tree in game. I also haven't tested this, so it might cause a crash. If it doesn't crash, there is a clunky tech list, though, so it might still be possible to research techs.

Edit: looks like several other bits of TechTreeWnd.cpp would need to be commented out as well...

Edit: the attached patch might work. It removes all the graphviz dependence, at the cost of not having a visible tech tree. A more usable patch will require significantly more work.
Attachments

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

OndrejR
Space Dragon

#33 Post by OndrejR »

tzlaine had idea to replace graphviz with OGDF.