r3785

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderators: Oberlus, Oberlus

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

r3785

#1 Post by pd » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:03 pm

some quick notes:

- fuel isn't used up, it just stays at 3 for all my scouts
- new colonies don't grow, even though they are connected to resource supply
- a colony ship should take 10 turns at 11 PP, assuming there are enough minerals per PP of course. However the prediction is 74turns, and it seems to be true.

edit: Increasing my PP output reduces the time I need to build. In fact, I can invest more than 11PP into building the ship, so the calculation of buildtime(parts + hull) seems to be flawed.

Starknight
Space Krill

Re: r3785

#2 Post by Starknight » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:37 pm

pd wrote:some quick notes:

- fuel isn't used up, it just stays at 3 for all my scouts
- new colonies don't grow, even though they are connected to resource supply
- a colony ship should take 10 turns at 11 PP, assuming there are enough minerals per PP of course. However the prediction is 74turns, and it seems to be true.

edit: Increasing my PP output reduces the time I need to build. In fact, I can invest more than 11PP into building the ship, so the calculation of buildtime(parts + hull) seems to be flawed.
Confirmed all three issues. It's pretty depressing when your colonies stay size 1. :cry:

The calculations for required PP per turn seem to have been broken since an earlier build (I just updated from 0.3.15r3727 to r3785 earlier today, but they were borked in that build also).

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:58 am

pd wrote:- fuel isn't used up, it just stays at 3 for all my scouts
I think this has been fixed... possibly in a way that won't cause other problems.

Edit:
pd wrote:- new colonies don't grow, even though they are connected to resource supply
I think this has also been fixed.

Edit2: I think I've fixed the predicted / actual production time and cost issues. This involved code rewriting in many different files, so something related might have broken in the process, or it might not be as fixed as I think.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by pd » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Great, looking forward to the next build!