Several bugs in 0.3.16+ [rev 4116]

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Zireael
Space Dragon

Several bugs in 0.3.16+ [rev 4116]

#1 Post by Zireael »

Greetings, I have played an old version of FreeOrion some time ago and recently saw the newest version and downloaded promptly.

I do not know how to report bugs elsewhere, so I registered here to post the bugs I found and some suggestions (which I'll do in a mo').

The bugs are:
· Terraforming doesn’t work
· Supply lines are increased, but the number in stats doesn’t

Thanks in advance,
Zi
Last edited by Zireael on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Several bugs in 0.3.16

#2 Post by eleazar »

Secondary focus was removed a while ago.

Can you explain a bit more how terraforming was broken? It broke a while ago when more species were added, but it was supposed to be fixed.

Zireael
Space Dragon

Re: Several bugs in 0.3.16

#3 Post by Zireael »

eleazar wrote:Secondary focus was removed a while ago.

Can you explain a bit more how terraforming was broken? It broke a while ago when more species were added, but it was supposed to be fixed.
Secondary focus still is mentioned in the QuickStart guide in the Wiki, and as there's no other readme/instruction....

Terraforming doesn't change the planet's type, and it doesn't seem to change its adequacy either.

Zireael
Space Dragon

Re: Several bugs in 0.3.16+ [rev 4116]

#4 Post by Zireael »

Updated the thread to reflect to the rev 4116.

New bugs:
- terraforming still doesn't work and neither does the proper number for the supply lines
- there's a test2 race that I encountered, it has a planet and I can't change the focus of this planet (the only possibility is farming)
- encountered a race labeled Test Guinea Pigs (from me: LOL)

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

#5 Post by Bigjoe5 »

Zireael wrote:Updated the thread to reflect to the rev 4116.

New bugs:
- terraforming still doesn't work and neither does the proper number for the supply lines
The supply lines you're referring to are resource supply lines, which are controlled by the construction meter and are represented with a solid bar. You'll find that their length is equal to the construction meter/20 rounded down. The number you're referring to is for fleet supply, represented by little moving dots. You'll find that the length of fleet supply lines is equal to the value of the supply meter.

As for the other things, I don't know if they've been fixed. They are all related to stuff in the text files, which are being updated to include stuff like new major and minor species (which is known to have broken Terraforming temporarily), and space monsters.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by eleazar »

Zireael wrote:Updated the thread to reflect to the rev 4116.
- there's a test2 race that I encountered, it has a planet and I can't change the focus of this planet (the only possibility is farming)
- encountered a race labeled Test Guinea Pigs (from me: LOL)
In later versions i've given most minor species the ability to gather the 4 resources. Some are limited due to their concept: i.e. the Hidden Gardener, and the Fifty-Seven.

The test species are literally that-- species rigged to appear more frequently in the galaxy so i/we can easily find them in game as see if a new bit of scripting works as expected.

Zireael
Space Dragon

#7 Post by Zireael »

More bugs:
- I'm getting the 'A battle occurred in X' message the every time my (or any other) ship is in any system, sometimes even for Deep Space. Quite annoying.
- why is the same place often labelled as say, 'Silk' in the Fleet window and as 'Deep Space' elsewhere?