Dead colonies still producing resources

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Dead colonies still producing resources

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:Does this seem to occur with anything besides industry and research?
Should happen for any meter with an associated target meter towards which it moves.
Actually i have some script in place added in species.txt when the evacuation building was, that is supposed to do this: (similar script for research) Why doesn't this do the trick? Is it failing because population might actually be 0.00000001?
Possibly, although if a colony has 0 population, it's converted into an outpost which has no species.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#17 Post by eleazar »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
eleazar wrote:Does this seem to occur with anything besides industry and research?
Should happen for any meter with an associated target meter towards which it moves.
What i meant to ask about is weather anybody thinks there is problem with any of the other meter on outposts.

The troop meter is theoretically set to 50% of what it otherwise would be on an outposts. It would probably be reasonable to do at least that much for shields and defenses,
Geoff the Medio wrote:
eleazar wrote:Actually i have some script in place added in species.txt when the evacuation building was, that is supposed to do this: (similar script for research) Why doesn't this do the trick? Is it failing because population might actually be 0.00000001?
Possibly, although if a colony has 0 population, it's converted into an outpost which has no species.
Now that you mention it, i don't understand why it works, but the garrison techs work on outposts, even though the bonuses are only provided in species.txt

Geoff the Medio

#18 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:...i don't understand why it works, but the garrison techs work on outposts, even though the bonuses are only provided in species.txt

Code: Select all

scope = OwnedBy TheEmpire Source.Owner
This will target all the empire's owned objects, not just the source object (planet or ship with the species on it).

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

#19 Post by Bigjoe5 »

eleazar wrote:Actually i have some script in place added in species.txt when the evacuation building was, that is supposed to do this: (similar script for research) Why doesn't this do the trick? Is it failing because population might actually be 0.00000001?

Code: Select all

EffectsGroup                    // removes residual production from a dead planet
            scope = Source
            activation = And [
                Planet
                TargetPopulation low = 0 high = 0
            ]
            effects = SetIndustry Value = 0
Either "high" or "low" works on a "strictly less than" or "strictly greater than" basis (I think it's high => strictly less than, but I don't really recall), so your script will never match any objects, as there are no planets with a TargetPopulation greater-than-or-equal-to 0, but also strictly-less-than 0.

Another issue may be that it's in species.txt - if Source refers to an object of that species, it may not match a planet with no population, since it would no longer have a species associated with it. Instead, it might be preferable to do it via "secret" tech.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

Geoff the Medio

#20 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Bigjoe5 wrote:Either "high" or "low" works on a "strictly less than" or "strictly greater than" basis...
I think that changed so both will match values equal to the parameter.