kind of new here

Here, various developers can tell you all about what they're up to, so you can yell at them for being idiots. "... and there was a great rejoicing."
Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: kind of new here

#31 Post by Geoff the Medio »

LienRag wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:51 pm
Ophiuchus wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:31 am i think that was already implemented ... defaulting to i think ctrl+l (not i)

edit: it is ctrl+i
I just tried it in the test game, to no avail.
Check your hotkey config then?
options keyboard shortcuts with governmentwnd toggle visisble
options keyboard shortcuts with governmentwnd toggle visisble
options_hotkeys.png (100.2 KiB) Viewed 1381 times

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#32 Post by LienRag »

It's not in it either.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#33 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Then you need to update your client.

stpa
Space Kraken

#34 Post by stpa »

ctrl & i works from just about everywhere where i tested it. what bugs me more, is that those tabs are not scrollable or swiepable for me, i have to use those tiny array-buttons to the right instead .. but i guess my knowledge of 'pure' c++ is too nonexistant to fix that. i'll propose some other minor improvements whereever i see fit, like the formatting of the likes / dislikes / liked_by / disliked_by in the pedia need to look more alike, at the moment one is hyperlinked and the other commaseparated, while both need to be both.

stpa
Space Kraken

#35 Post by stpa »

kind of irritating to have to do that list formatting by hand, and not good for the internationalization. i wrote the following in the commit message (i know this is redundant since you both read on github but who knows who else will read here and not there so ...)

- slightly improved formatting of pedia text for "likes" and "dislikes" and "liked by" and "disliked by"
--> but still not quite perfect: the comma must be internationalized and cannot stand for all languages. i've seen there is a japanese translation underway, the correct punctuation for that would be different than most european languages.

you see i came from objective c recently, and apple has all these completely internationalized formatters like ListFormatter or Date-Time-Interval-Components-Formatters and takes care of i18n but looks like this is all done by hand here in fo - i'll have some more looks at that, for now that proposed improval is in the same nightsiders pullrequest with the sleepers and khakturian and celestephyte.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#36 Post by LienRag »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:01 am Then you need to update your client.
Indeed, it works now.
Thanks.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#37 Post by wobbly »

Checked out the latest master. The change to pedia to add Laenfa's refuel special? Its nice, but unfortunately Laenfa are no longer phototrophic species. They are now fuel parts :lol:

Edit: removing PC_FUEL from their tags puts them back in the correct pedia category. I'm not sure why this happens on Laenfa, but not Sly?

stpa
Space Kraken

#38 Post by stpa »

oopsie ^^ i'll put a correction in the next pr .. at least they still appear in the lists of playable species and all species. edit; and maybe remove that tag from the sly, i'll try what works.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#39 Post by LienRag »

Since you're doing a lot of good work, maybe you can integrate my "Ancient Stargates" and Situational Stealth into the game ?
The Ancient Stargates are ready to roll (if I have time I may work on a more elaborate version, but it won't be now, and they work as is - though the logic would be to require Xenoarcheology to have them usable in-game), and the NanoValve Coating also imho (would need test in multiplayer since AI is very bad with Stealth).