Planet naming error

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Starionx
Space Floater

Planet naming error

#1 Post by Starionx »

I think something went wrong at Krull. :?
It doesn't appear to be affecting production, but I've only just noticed it, so not sure.
Attachments
Krull.jpg
Krull.jpg (745.91 KiB) Viewed 911 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Planet naming error

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Hm, apparently that planet naming thing for systems that form from a nebula doesn't quite work as intended. All planets are named "Krull I". Can you open a github issue?

dbenage-cx
Programmer

#3 Post by dbenage-cx »

Addressed with PR#761.

Vezzra: Would you prefer an issue be opened in tandem with PR's in the future?

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

dbenage-cx wrote:Vezzra: Would you prefer an issue be opened in tandem with PR's in the future?
Once a PR is already up, no need to open an issue as well. The main purpose of the issue is to have that item on the one centralized todo list. That avoids having to keep track of things which have only been reported on the forum (which have this nasty tendency to get buried and forgotten anyway).

However, if that PR gets closed instead of merged (for whatever reason), then, unless a follow-up PR is opened immediately afterwards, opening an issue for the unresolved problem would be necessary.

EricF
Space Dragon

#5 Post by EricF »

playing FreeOrion_2016-08-16.6a394b5_Test_Win32_Setup.exe

I've seen this same issue.

Nutster
Krill Swarm

#6 Post by Nutster »

A work-around for the players would be to right-click and rename each planet: Krull Inner Asteroids, Krull I (leave it as is), Krull Outer Asteroids, Krull II, Krull III, etc. That does not solve the original problem but is a quick enough fix while playing the game.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#7 Post by Vezzra »

A fix for that issue is currently worked on, it just turned out to be a bit more comlicated than expected...