It is, now, fully playable but not finished: to finish it we need feedback. The basic User Interface is working but needs improvements, the AI knows how to build fighter carriers and react to their existence in your fleets, there's a rudimentary tech tree in place and the relative power level of fighter carriers scales with the advances in other areas of fleet combat.
But nothing is finalised. We need feedback:
- How can the UI be improved to let you easily tell what's going on?
- Do you see the AI doing anything fighter-specific that's stupid? (eg ship designs that aren't sensible, leaving empty carriers stranded, etc)
- Do you think the costs-to build and power levels of fighters are correct in the early game?
- Does the tech tree refinement process make them too powerful or underpowered as the game progresses?
- improve the descriptions of species traits for fighters (currently existing good/great pilots get damage bonuses from fighters that stack with tech bonuses)
- Add extra parts: eg a large/improved launch bay, "flak" fighters, a core slot hanger with a large capacity
- Update the premade ship designs (this is ongoing) to include/adapt fighter changes
So, if you're able to compile yourself roll your own immediately, otherwise start a new game with the test builds when Vezzra's done them and please give us feedback: but make it helpful If you think it sucks, say why, please...