Misiorla Colonies

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
UrshMost
Space Kraken

Misiorla Colonies

#1 Post by UrshMost »

Its great (and scary) to see the AI utilising species that it acquires via Xenoresurrection Labs!

I captured a planet that was populated with Misiorla from another empire, waited until they were happiness 5 (pop 14) and tried to build a colony of them in another system and found that I hadn't because their colony is only unlocked by getting Misiorla Resequencing.

Shouldn't their colonies also be unlocked by them reaching appropriate population and happy levels like other species? This probably also applies to the Banforo and Kilandow.

(I can still build a colony ship from the captured planet.)
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Misiorla Colonies

#2 Post by MatGB »

I've not actually seen this yet despite using the patch for a bit before it went in. Good catch, um not actually sure, it's both a trivial and a complex fix, I have no balance concerns, anyone have an opinion?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Misiorla Colonies

#3 Post by Vezzra »

IMO the dependency on the tech should only be required to "resurrect" an extinct species from Ancient Ruins. If you have acquired a colony of Misiorla etc. by other means (conquest), they should just behave as any other species wrt to colonizing. That is, sufficient pop and happiness level, and supply connection to the new colony being build.