build 2017-04-05.1d920a4

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Scara
Space Kraken

build 2017-04-05.1d920a4

#1 Post by Scara »

Hello!

I tried the mixed fleets with fightership, that's working now, nice!
In my actual game I found out that I can see the planets of the yellow player, although I haven't met him yet at all. I'm the blue player.
wellow.png
wellow.png (251.44 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Trying to find out when the yellow player first appeared on my view, I loaded older savegames in rapid order, but the game got stuck somehow...
I got this message in the consol:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error> >'
what(): bind: Address already in use
Since then I wasn't able to load any game anymore or start a new one, a the game freezes everytime with a black screen and that message in the console.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: build 2017-04-05.1d920a4

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Scara wrote:In my actual game I found out that I can see the planets of the yellow player, although I haven't met him yet at all. I'm the blue player.
Both of you have the George species. George have a special species trait, "Communal Vision", which means that all George (regardless which empire they belong to) share (basic?) vision of their colonies. So, if you have George colonies in your empire, you get vision of all other George colonies on the map. Fluff explanation: George is actually a telepathic entity, so each George can "see" each other George.
I got this message in the consol:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error> >'
what(): bind: Address already in use
Since then I wasn't able to load any game anymore or start a new one, a the game freezes everytime with a black screen and that message in the console.
Sounds like there has been a FO process left behind. Have you tried restarting your computer?

Scara
Space Kraken

#3 Post by Scara »

Thanks for the fast reply, I haven't often played george, this time I invaded a population next to me.
I checked my processes and found the left over freeorionca process, killing it solved the problem =)

LGM-Doyle
Programmer

#4 Post by LGM-Doyle »

Scara, thanks for the bug report.

I was able to replicate your crash and I have pushed a PR that might fix it.