My troops not increasing if combat with enemy planet

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
UrshMost
Space Kraken

My troops not increasing if combat with enemy planet

#1 Post by UrshMost »

Build 2-25

I have captured a planet in a two planet system, Sjtar B1, and it shows my troops should increase up to 13.9, but after several turns they are still at 1.5. Due to 'combat' with Beige Goo in the same system? As soon as I moved my ship away from the system removing the combat with the other planet then the troops on my planet started increasing.
Attachments
troops blocked.jpg
troops blocked.jpg (95.68 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: My troops not increasing if combat with enemy planet

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Thanks for bringing this up. While trying to sort out some recent troubles with troop regen, one of the things that was tried was changed a key blocker from "LastTurnAttackedByShip" which would only block troop regen if the planet had been actually attacked, to "LastTurnBattleHere" which blocks regen if there was any combat in the system even if that particular planet didn't get attacked. We had talked about changing it back, but attention had got drawn to other aspects of the regen problem and this aspect slipped my mind. So, with this reminder I'll start work on changing that back.,
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

That scripting change may be irrelevant to this issue. It will always predict meter growth that requires just one turn of no combat in the system because when one plays a turn, combat hasn't yet had a chance to occur on the current turn. Any combat that does occur will interrupt thst meter growth, which is just a predicted change, not a guaranteed change.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

Geoff the Medio wrote:That scripting change may be irrelevant to this issue. It will always predict meter growth that requires just one turn of no combat in the system because when one plays a turn, combat hasn't yet had a chance to occur on the current turn. Any combat that does occur will interrupt thst meter growth, which is just a predicted change, not a guaranteed change.
I am pretty sure it will make a difference here. My understanding of this situation is that the poster's planet is not getting attacked at all, simply the poster is himself attacking another planet in the same system. With the the current scripting that setting of System.LastBattleHere will block regen on the poster's planet even though there was not even a chance of it being attacked.

Such a situation did not used to block regen of the poster's planet, and this appears to me to be one of the reasons that we should shift back.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0