0.4.8 2018-10-7 Freezes waiting for other players

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
UrshMost
Space Kraken

0.4.8 2018-10-7 Freezes waiting for other players

#1 Post by UrshMost »

After defeating an empire on the next turn the game freezes with the message:
Waiting for Other Players
In the Empires window there is the ... icon on the newly defeated empire.

I was able to load a game from an earlier savegame file, end turn twice without any other changes, and the problem replicates on my system.

I have attached a zip file of the earlier save game.

This issue also occurred earlier in the same game when I defeated a different empire but I didn't figure out that I had to go back two game saves to replicate it. Loading the autosave file from the directly previous save had allowed me to continue that time as well as in this case.

I suspect it may have something to do with the fact that a ship is built by the empire on the turn that I invade their last planet, which gets destroyed on the same turn that their last planet is captured, because that happened with both empires that displayed this issue, but thats just a guess.
Attachments
save-20181019_164217-- lockup in two turns.zip
(4.37 MiB) Downloaded 154 times
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: 0.4.8 2018-10-7 Freezes waiting for other players

#2 Post by Oberlus »

I noticed this too. Opened issue #2302.
Regarding the possible correlation with the deceasing empire producing a ship on the same turn, I don't know if that was the case for me too. I think I remember it happened to me too when I killed the last stranded ship of a planet-less empire, but I didn't save that game to check.