If two Ophiuchuses enter the game, and four Ophiuchuses leave, how many Ophiuchuses are still in the game?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

If two Ophiuchuses enter the game, and four Ophiuchuses leave, how many Ophiuchuses are still in the game?

#1 Post by ThinkSome »

-2 Ophiuchuses?

fo-conn-wtf.png
fo-conn-wtf.png (49.37 KiB) Viewed 3515 times

PS: I'm not touching Github with a 10ft pole, consider this as a bug report.

EDIT1: I also keep getting disconnected on an hourly basis with the game still staying open. The game finally closes when I attempt to write in chat.

o01eg
Programmer

Re: If two Ophiuchuses enter the game, and four Ophiuchuses leave, how many Ophiuchuses are still in the game?

#2 Post by o01eg »

ThinkSome wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:24 pm EDIT1: I also keep getting disconnected on an hourly basis with the game still staying open. The game finally closes when I attempt to write in chat.
TCP connection dies when you don't send data for a long period of time.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: If two Ophiuchuses enter the game, and four Ophiuchuses leave, how many Ophiuchuses are still in the game?

#3 Post by Ophiuchus »

o01eg wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:36 pm
ThinkSome wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:24 pm EDIT1: I also keep getting disconnected on an hourly basis with the game still staying open. The game finally closes when I attempt to write in chat.
TCP connection dies when you don't send data for a long period of time.
Client could send a alive / keep-open / ping every PING_S_RULE ?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#4 Post by ThinkSome »

Yeah. Come on, these are network programming basics...

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#5 Post by Ophiuchus »

ThinkSome wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:58 pm Yeah. Come on, these are network programming basics...
Write a patch, I will bring it into master
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!