Regenerate troops even when system is blockaded?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Regenerate troops even when system is blockaded?

#16 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:55 am A change I'd like to see in defense focus is defense/troop/shield meters growth.
Currently they all grow at same rate regardless of focus, I'd make defense focus to double meter's growth rate (which couples well with doubling target meters). It'd still require planning ahead, but it would remove the current mechanic that makes it stupid to set planetary defense focus when you have not reached standard target values (you keep PP/RP focus until defense/troops/shields reach maximum then set defense focus, because doing it sooner than that gives you no better defense but worse production).
Agreed
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#17 Post by wobbly »

Ophiuchus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:52 am
Oberlus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:55 am A change I'd like to see in defense focus is defense/troop/shield meters growth.
Currently they all grow at same rate regardless of focus, I'd make defense focus to double meter's growth rate (which couples well with doubling target meters). It'd still require planning ahead, but it would remove the current mechanic that makes it stupid to set planetary defense focus when you have not reached standard target values (you keep PP/RP focus until defense/troops/shields reach maximum then set defense focus, because doing it sooner than that gives you no better defense but worse production).
Agreed
I also agree. As a tangent we also need to look at what happens below 5 happiness as currently I'm always selecting logistics focus. Maybe this will sort itself out though if its a choice between influence, defense or logistics below 5.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#18 Post by Vezzra »

Ophiuchus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:52 am
Agreed
Makes a lot of sense, so I want to second that proposal, too.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#19 Post by Oberlus »

I'm working (maybe 10 minutes today) in a PR.