Influence becomes unusable around turn 100

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
BTA
Space Floater

Influence becomes unusable around turn 100

#1 Post by BTA »

This might coincide with conquering other species like Ugmors. Influence is new for me and I do not know how to properly feed and care for my newly remade species amd their requirements. I also notice many more snowflake, juggernaut and kraken nests than previously even though monster frequency is set to low, 20 nests in a 350 system galaxy. (edit) Influence becomes negative and goes down fast from there.

I am playing single player, v0.4.10+ weekly-test-builds (build 2021-02-01.996d1e6) CMake on Fedora 33 on a UX430U Zenbook
Wisdom is even more powerful than knowledge © Ari Gold

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Influence becomes unusable around turn 100

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Influence isn't balanced or fully implemented yet. It going negative doesn't really hurt you, aside from difficulty adopting policies.

To keep it positive, you need to set some planets to influence focus, and possibly consider species' likes and dislikes (if they have some, many don't yet).