Interesting use of evacuation

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Interesting use of evacuation

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Recently, I conquered a tiny adequate planet with a new species (new for my empire), pop. 1.x, max pop 2. I had several good planets for that species, but I had to wait until I get xeno. genetics and then wait more for the colony to sloooowly grow to pop 3+. I pushed towards enemy space and I got another tiny adeq. planet of that species (that empire really wanted to get close to me early on) with another negligible population. It took a few turns after I already got xeno. genetics for the idea to come to me: evacuate the population of one of the tiny planets to get that +1.x needed to get over 3 in the other planet after one turn instead of 20. I lost the second colony population (reverted to outpost) but I was able to start building on medium and large good planets the next turn. Cool.