Testing Reports

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Testing Reports

#31 Post by LienRag »

After closing and restarting FreeOrion I had the "Filter" window of the "Objects" panel resized like this :
FO filetrs.png
FO filetrs.png (274.21 KiB) Viewed 1583 times
I know it happens to other windows, but the problem is that this time there was absolutely no way to resize it to a usable size.
If you look closely, you'll see that the handle in the right lower corner isn't here.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#32 Post by LienRag »

I don't know how I did it, but I was able to put more than five Imperial Thingies on the Queue of a single planet :
FO imperial.png
FO imperial.png (655.17 KiB) Viewed 1583 times
I took the screenshot after deleting some of them, but there were more than that.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#33 Post by LienRag »

I found a lot of Enemy capitols gone independant through rebellion.
Imho this should never happen; either Cultural Archives or Imperial Palace should prevent a planet from being entirely overrun by rebels.
FO MD.png
FO MD.png (462.21 KiB) Viewed 1582 times

Also, when capturing such an independant Capitol, there's still a sitrep generated, even if the planet wasn't anymore part of the Empire when captured.
FO imperial2.png
FO imperial2.png (871.45 KiB) Viewed 1582 times

I believe that an easy way to help AI be more efficient (I mean, a stop-gap to make single player possible while we wait for the AI team to code proper Influence management) would be to disable Exobots for the AI (hardcode that they'll never research it). That would limit the number of planets they'll colonize and as such limit their self-destruction through Influence deficit.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#34 Post by LienRag »

Ships moving inside a Meteor Swarm are shown as producing Research Points but actually aren't :
FO meteor swarm.png
FO meteor swarm.png (656.14 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
I had 12 base research points, I have one fleet that is not moving that produces seven others (IIRC), so if the moving fleets shown on that screenshots actually produced Research Points I should be at 26, not 19.

Also, I find the Meteor Swarm Field completely detrimental to the game, it's just a random bonus most of the time.
I've very rarely been in a situation where getting (or interdicting to the enemy) the Meteor Swarm was actually a strategic challenge rather than a nearly-no-brainer which slows the game by immobilizing a fleet for many turns.

Ditto for Nanite Swarms of course.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#35 Post by LienRag »

I had an enemy incoming without being warned by a sitrep :
Attachments
FO no sitrep.png
FO no sitrep.png (579.68 KiB) Viewed 1581 times

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#36 Post by LienRag »

Don't Psionic Snowflakes need to be in the same system to turn a ship rogue ?

Here I have three Rogues while the Psionic are one jump away and moving in another direction...
Attachments
FO rogue.png
FO rogue.png (498.72 KiB) Viewed 1581 times

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#37 Post by LienRag »

Just some weird UI on a Sentient Hull...
FO sentient.png
FO sentient.png (641.23 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
And on a Scattered Asteroid Hull :
FP Scatter.png
FP Scatter.png (710.73 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
Last edited by LienRag on Mon May 10, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#38 Post by LienRag »

More problematic : the first line in the Influence panel (the line which has available policies) can break and form a second line when it reaches the end of the first line, but the lower line (the one which has selected policies and policy slots) cannot.

Which means that on a smallish screen, the last policy slots can become unusable :
Attachments
FO social.png
FO social.png (472.1 KiB) Viewed 1581 times

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#39 Post by LienRag »

Two or three times during the game, I had sitreps for battles that were way out of my detection range, like this one :
Attachments
FO sreecn.png
FO sreecn.png (840.71 KiB) Viewed 1581 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#40 Post by Geoff the Medio »

LienRag wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:33 pmYes connection to Imperial Thingy has been cut off, but even cut off Stability should be positive from what the UI predicts (so actually growing instead of going down).
Yep, looks weird. Still can't tell what's going on just from screenshots though. A save would probably be helpful...

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#41 Post by defaultuser »

LienRag wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:12 pm Don't Psionic Snowflakes need to be in the same system to turn a ship rogue ?

Here I have three Rogues while the Psionic are one jump away and moving in another direction...
No, at least not in the past. I believe the distance affects the probability of change.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#42 Post by LienRag »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:05 pm
LienRag wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:33 pmYes connection to Imperial Thingy has been cut off, but even cut off Stability should be positive from what the UI predicts (so actually growing instead of going down).
Yep, looks weird. Still can't tell what's going on just from screenshots though. A save would probably be helpful...
Would this do ?
A much later turn, but many planets have similar stability problems as the one mentioned above.
Attachments
FOstability_bug.zip
(4.95 MiB) Downloaded 60 times

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#43 Post by LienRag »

Am I the only one confused by the UI for abandoned outposts ?
Until the end of the game I believed they were inhabited planets with too much stealth to be attacked...
Attachments
FO abandoned outpost.png
FO abandoned outpost.png (558.42 KiB) Viewed 1540 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#44 Post by Geoff the Medio »

LienRag wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:43 pmA much later turn, but many planets have similar stability problems as the one mentioned above.
Could you point to some of those in particular? I looked around the galaxy for a few min, and mostly saw planets with a common -3.17 influence output, entirely due to colony upkeep, and a bunch of 0 influence unpopulated planets, but didn't find out with the situation in your screenshots with a negative current stability and positive target.

A few others started with influence much higher than their target due to you seemingly having some modified specials in place that I don't have. This was actually useful as it identified a crash bug where some UI code was assuming a special would exist and dereferencing a pointer that could be null. But this might make it difficult for me to find planets with the same meters affecting them as you have.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#45 Post by LienRag »

I'm not on the computer that has the saved games right now, but you can look for the planet with Exobots (I kept one for Diversity), the one with Raagh, the one with Cray (a shame, I had outposted a few Barren planets waiting to settle them with Cray when Stability would be good enough, and it went havoc), the one with Chato, and the one with Silexians.
Also, I have two Mu Ursh planets I believe (a third one went independent for no discernable reason), one of them - Bootis - is fine, the other one (on a black hole) is having stability problems, again for apparently no reason.

Also the one with Eaxaw went from being perfectly fine (apparently Eaxaw have a +2 Stability bonus from Xenophobic Frenzy) to generating rebels, without any clear reason.

I have indeed a Special that gives Influence bonus, but it has no effect on Stability.
And my Influence stock is quite huge, so even if Influence production goes negative without this Special (I haven't checked) it shouldn't trigger any Stability problem.