Wasted micro-UI that should be put to use.

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
truepurple
Space Kraken

Wasted micro-UI that should be put to use.

#1 Post by truepurple »

This was ignored, so I put it in it's own thread to make it harder to ignore.

I am talking about this micro-UI
Selection_326.jpg
Selection_326.jpg (8 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
the white double arrows currently useless because for some inane reason it will take you to empty space etc. It should shift between your various systems with owned planets. Possibly with systems you have fleets in too if you can activate said fleet from the window.

Also a up arrow at the top in-between, or just every time you use it, should shift the screen and select the system/planet in question.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Wasted micro-UI that should be put to use.

#2 Post by Oberlus »

You could open feature requests at Github's FO page.

truepurple
Space Kraken

#3 Post by truepurple »

Oberlus wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:31 pm You could open feature requests at Github's FO page.
I asked this before, link?

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

truepurple wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:47 pmI asked this before, link?
https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by LienRag »

truepurple wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:48 pm This was ignored, so I put it in it's own thread to make it harder to ignore.
Most of the time, your ignored posts are not ignored because nobody saw them, but because for whatever reason (usually because you don't know what you're talking about) nobody was interested in them (or had the time/energy/willingness to answer; I sometime see questions you ask about the game that are not stupid per se but I'm too tired to answer).

So being less annoying (and doing your homework) may be a better way to have them answered some day than "making them harder to ignore".

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#6 Post by defaultuser »

And not helped by a belligerent and insulting manner in the discussions that do take place.

truepurple
Space Kraken

#7 Post by truepurple »

defaultuser wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:01 am And not helped by a belligerent and insulting manner in the discussions that do take place.
You mean hypocritically like this post? Do you really think you are contributing to a civil discussion by posting those unfounded accusations here?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#8 Post by defaultuser »

truepurple wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:50 am
defaultuser wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:01 am And not helped by a belligerent and insulting manner in the discussions that do take place.
You mean hypocritically like this post? Do you really think you are contributing to a civil discussion by posting those unfounded accusations here?
If it makes you think about what you're doing, it might contribute. The accusations are not unfounded, of course.

truepurple
Space Kraken

#9 Post by truepurple »

OK DU, you are being incredibly rude and dishonest. Are you thinking about what you're doing?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#10 Post by defaultuser »

truepurple wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:04 am OK DU, you are being incredibly rude and dishonest. Are you thinking about what you're doing?
See? You go around feeling free to say whatever you want, belligerent and insulting as I've said, but when anyone objects you feel like you're being wronged.

What will happen eventually is that no one will bother to interact with you. I'm at the point where I won't answer any of your questions or provide input into your discussions anymore. Just because of your attitude.