Negative happiness/stability

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Magnate
Space Dragon

Negative happiness/stability

#1 Post by Magnate »

Hi all,

I have a colony with target happiness of -2, i.e. permanent riots. It has +5 from being my starting species, -2 from a policy they don't like (which I need for production), and -5 from "weak capital supply connection".

Please can someone tell me what I need to research or build in order to get rid of that big malus?

Thanks

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Negative happiness/stability

#2 Post by Ophiuchus »

This malus is based on the distance to nearest capital or admin building.
Galactic infrastructure gives you regional administration buildings.

Or take something else which boosts stability or suppresses riots
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#3 Post by Ophiuchus »

Magnate wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:48 pm
Also one question, how do the rebels work currently? Is the number of rebels stable at -2 stability? They kill off troops one per rebel right, so if troops regenerate faster the rebels don't really matter
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Ophiuchus wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:28 am Also one question, how do the rebels work currently? Is the number of rebels stable at -2 stability? They kill off troops one per rebel right, so if troops regenerate faster the rebels don't really matter
Yes: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... os#L14-L25

One can counteract rebels by improving stabilty, with regenerating planet troops, or directly reducing rebels with Terror Suppression policy.