Mu Ursh - now too hard to play

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Mu Ursh - now too hard to play

#31 Post by wobbly »

Daybreak wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 am
Oberlus wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:11 am
wobbly wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:55 am How hard would it be to change the dislike to an armed fleet count, instead of the actual shipyards?
Easy. And make it a trait (like telepathy): pacifist.
Would that not in the end just make them as hard to use as they are now.
Not necessarily. Square root no. of ships rises from 2 to 10 when you go from 4 to 100 ships. Dislikes shipyards goes from -4 to -12 going from in-system basic shipyard to basic + dry dock + organic orbital

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#32 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 am Would that not in the end just make them as hard to use as they are now.
It depends in how intense is the penalty. I'm sure it can be balanced.

I like a lot from the Mu Ursh description that they don't like to be used as pilots of warships. I want to keep that, so I dislike the idea of letting them use one of the hull lines without stability penalties.
In my current SP game with Chato, testing the Conformance+Indoctrination path, with Bureacracy too, most of my planets are 30+ stability (also using Grummel's PR3844, and with Liberty nerfed, as in current master, so that it's really your choice to use Liberty or Conformance, not a no-brainer anymore).
If I had a single Mu Ursh world, with shipyard, drydock and geo (-6 stability), plus -1 from a few shipyards+drydocks here and there for repairs, they would be above stability 20. Anyways, I could set them to protection focus for an extra +15.

I really think you must not be able to use Mu Ursh while spamming shipyards all over the place as you are used to do with other species.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#33 Post by wobbly »

They also dislike gas giant generators which seems fine in itself but is maybe overkill with the shipyard dislikes.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#34 Post by Oberlus »

They like Diversity and Terror Supression :o

I would remove from dislikes: GGG, focus research and industry, Confederation, Continuous Scanning, Spatial Distortion Gen and Stargate.
And add Confederation and influence focus to the likes.

For a starter? Removing the basic shipyard from dislikes would be next. Or giving them great stability.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#35 Post by LienRag »

Probably good, but I would keep Stargates (and Transformers) as Dislikes : they are important military buildings.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#36 Post by LienRag »

Daybreak wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 am Would that not in the end just make them as hard to use as they are now.
The fact that they're hard to play is intended, and add values to the game.
The problem is that as of now they're not interesting to play.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#37 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:55 pm They like Diversity and Terror Supression :o

I would remove from dislikes: GGG, focus research and industry, Confederation, Continuous Scanning, Spatial Distortion Gen and Stargate.
And add Confederation and influence focus to the likes.

For a starter? Removing the basic shipyard from dislikes would be next. Or giving them great stability.
Something like this yes.

I say remove dislikes basic shipyard and add good stability. I'd also remove the dislike of Cellular Growth Chamber (and keep the dislike of Xenocoordination Facility), so they aren't slugged by every organic shipyard upgrade.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#38 Post by wobbly »

Pull Request.

Add likes: Influence focus
Remove dislikes: industry focus, research focus, basic shipyard, cellular growth chamber, gas giant generator
Add dislikes: military command, concentration camps

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/3915