Bonus Black Krakens

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

Bonus Black Krakens

#1 Post by Daybreak »

Captured the Experimentor base as 2 Black Krakens were spawning

And my empire owns them - bonus

Not sure that is supposed to happen, but guessing it is because of the order of the instructions - troops capture first, etc, etc......

b
2022-05-18 14_26_50-FreeOrion v0.4.10+ [build 2022-05-09.3abfde4] Bonus Black Krakens.png
2022-05-18 14_26_50-FreeOrion v0.4.10+ [build 2022-05-09.3abfde4] Bonus Black Krakens.png (577.25 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

Grummel7
Space Dragon

Re: Bonus Black Krakens

#2 Post by Grummel7 »

There is even a way to keep the Experimentor outpost and let it produce for you. I don't know what is intended, but defeating the Experimentors counts as a victory condition, so what happens after that is not that important...

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#3 Post by defaultuser »

Daybreak wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:31 am Captured the Experimentor base as 2 Black Krakens were spawning

And my empire owns them - bonus

Not sure that is supposed to happen, but guessing it is because of the order of the instructions - troops capture first, etc, etc......
That's been happening ever since I've been playing.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#4 Post by defaultuser »

Grummel7 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:57 pm There is even a way to keep the Experimentor outpost and let it produce for you. I don't know what is intended, but defeating the Experimentors counts as a victory condition, so what happens after that is not that important...
It's important if you feel the only real victory is to sweep the enemies from the board. Does it require anything beyond the usual of Domesticated Mega-Fauna?

Grummel7
Space Dragon

#5 Post by Grummel7 »

defaultuser wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:59 pm It's important if you feel the only real victory is to sweep the enemies from the board. Does it require anything beyond the usual of Domesticated Mega-Fauna?
If you want to try it: you have to kill the Experimentors by bombing them with Chaos Rays, then found an outpost on the planet.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#6 Post by defaultuser »

Grummel7 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:31 am If you want to try it: you have to kill the Experimentors by bombing them with Chaos Rays, then found an outpost on the planet.
Haven't used Chaos Ray. Does it completely destroy the colony structure as well as the population? Normally depopulated planets revert to an outpost, so you wouldn't need to build one.

Grummel7
Space Dragon

#7 Post by Grummel7 »

Bombed out planets revert to an outpost only if owned by an empire. Bombing natives results in an empty planet. And experimentors do not count as an empire. Chaos rays however do not destroy buildings and it is the building "Experimentor Outpost" that produces the monsters. The funny part is that the building also generates troops, but you cannot conquer it by invasion, because the game does not allow you to invade a planet that has no population.

I rather think the whole behaviour is a bug, so better not bet on it to remain that way. But there are definitely more important issues solve. See also https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues/3609.