Shield Strength too strong or bug?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Shield Strength too strong or bug?

#46 Post by wobbly »

Daybreak wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:01 pm
wobbly wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:30 pm I like that gunships can take down planet defenses. I've seen both you and Oberlus try to blockade outposts with pure carrier fleets this game.
Not me - maybe someone else
It was Endhu's empire while he was away. I don't think you noticed you'd done it, the ships were there a few rounds, long enough for a tiny chance of 1 being blown up. Amusingly its the exact same system where Oberlus tried later.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#47 Post by Oberlus »

In my defense, I can say I am blocking Fuinur to get supply to another of my planets that is building a colony.
But the truth is I just forgot to build some anti-planet ships when I enqueued the batch of ships intended to stop Endhu.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#48 Post by Daybreak »

wobbly wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:44 am
Daybreak wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:01 pm
wobbly wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:30 pm I like that gunships can take down planet defenses. I've seen both you and Oberlus try to blockade outposts with pure carrier fleets this game.
Not me - maybe someone else
It was Endhu's empire while he was away. I don't think you noticed you'd done it, the ships were there a few rounds, long enough for a tiny chance of 1 being blown up. Amusingly its the exact same system where Oberlus tried later.
ahhh now I remember. They were not there to blockade - they were there to take down defences. two gunships came in 2 turns later. Oberlus did not have anything at that time to blow them up.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#49 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:28 pmThey were not there to blockade - they were there to take down defences. two gunships came in 2 turns later.
So during two turns, your fleet with no anti-planet weapons was dealing no damage to the planet defenses?

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#50 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:50 pm
Daybreak wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:28 pmThey were not there to blockade - they were there to take down defences. two gunships came in 2 turns later.
So during two turns, your fleet with no anti-planet weapons was dealing no damage to the planet defenses?
I was thinking - what are you guys talking about!!
I dont have any defence lol, I was thinking they were heavy bombers :roll: .