Only 4 damage

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

Only 4 damage

#1 Post by Daybreak »

Here you can see an Oberlus Biocruiser 44N which is over my system Ankh Alpha, Turn 192

My planet defences did 54 damage
My Mines did another 112 damage
Total 166

However when you look at the ships structure, it only has a total of 4 damage.

Not sure if this is a known problem or not.

b
Only4Damage.png
Only4Damage.png (227.64 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
Similar problem here at Ankh Beta - 232 damage but only 72 shown

b
Only72Damage.png
Only72Damage.png (304.73 KiB) Viewed 1111 times

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Only 4 damage

#2 Post by wobbly »

Bio-adaptive Hulls are self-healing. I believe its about half health/round

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#3 Post by Daybreak »

wobbly wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:13 pm Bio-adaptive Hulls are self-healing. I believe its about half health/round
The Pedia says half the health per turn, not per round

And this is before it has had a chance to heal. So should it still not show full damage, even if that will be healed next turn.

or is the pedia wrong and its per round - damn that makes it powerful. Although if it is per round, then it should already be fully healed.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by wobbly »

Daybreak wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:17 pm
wobbly wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:13 pm Bio-adaptive Hulls are self-healing. I believe its about half health/round

And this is before it has had a chance to heal. So should it still not show full damage, even if that will be healed next turn.

or is the pedia wrong and its per round - damn that makes it powerful. Although if it is per round, then it should already be fully healed.
Combat occurs before meter update. I believe mines happen before healing too. It'll heal on the same round combat occurs.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

So, if the bioadaptive ship survives the combat and the mines, with X remaining structure points, it will regenerate X structure points for next turn ("SetStructure value = Value + Value").
Bioadaptives are great for countering mines (nanorobotic not so good because can't regenerate in the same turn than combat).

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#6 Post by Daybreak »

Something does not make sense - or I am missing it

so the Biocruiser at Ankh Alpha has a total structure of 664

It takes a 166 hit, leaving 498 structure
Oberlus wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:29 pm So, if the bioadaptive ship survives the combat and the mines, with X remaining structure points, it will regenerate X structure points for next turn ("SetStructure value = Value + Value").
So if X = 498, it will regenerate up to 498
wobbly wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:22 pm Combat occurs before meter update. I believe mines happen before healing too. It'll heal on the same round combat occurs.
and if that occurs in combat round, then why is it not fully healed already.

Ahh light goes off - it is because in fact it is fully healed, but does not show it in the meter, however that does not matter as it will be fully healed for next turn.

Still the numbers appear wrong even for that

Oberlus wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:29 pm Bioadaptives are great for countering mines (nanorobotic not so good because can't regenerate in the same turn than combat).
But bioadaptive ships are so cheap then compared to nanorobotic ships. Yes less slots, but more useful slots and you can build more.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#7 Post by Ophiuchus »

Daybreak wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:17 pm
pedia is correct (and so is wobbly). "round" is a bit ambiguous; wobblys round means turn, your round means bout.
Daybreak wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:54 pm Something does not make sense - or I am missing it

so the Biocruiser at Ankh Alpha has a total structure of 664

It takes a 166 hit, leaving 498 structure
..., it will regenerate up to 498
wobbly wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:22 pm Combat occurs before meter update. I believe mines happen before healing too. It'll heal on the same round combat occurs.
and if that occurs in combat round, then why is it not fully healed already.
wobbly did not say it occurs in combat round. in a turn/round: first combat (4 bouts), afterwards effects/meter updates (both mines and healing and organic growth).
Daybreak wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:54 pm Ahh light goes off - it is because in fact it is fully healed, but does not show it in the meter, however that does not matter as it will be fully healed for next turn.

Still the numbers appear wrong even for that
maybe they appear wrong, but they are "correct". The mismatch you see is that the organic growth effect (+8 max structure for 25 turns) happens after the healing effect. Maybe changing order would be less confusing (first growth, then heal).
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!