Supply not correct

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

Supply not correct

#1 Post by Daybreak »

Not sure if the Nebula makes the difference?

Turn 72
Dres Gamma supply = 3

The supply from Dres Gamma should reach Akrab Aplha.
Supply at leangth 3 does reach the empty system to the left Akrab Aplha

b
Turn72Supply NotReaching2022-10-02 00_22_27-FreeOrion v0.4.10+ [build 2022-08-30.000f16b] MSVC 2022.png
Turn72Supply NotReaching2022-10-02 00_22_27-FreeOrion v0.4.10+ [build 2022-08-30.000f16b] MSVC 2022.png (126.67 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Supply not correct

#2 Post by wobbly »

As far as I'm aware this is an issue in how supply interacts between allies. I'm pretty sure Ophiuchus has brought it up somewhere, but I'm not sure where the thread is.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

The UI is somewhat unclear here, but what this indicates is that the cyan empir esupply propagation from Akrab β had range to propagate into Akrab α, but was prevented from doing so by the supply from the purple empire. If they are allies, then (at least in master) the supply networks should merge, even though it doesn't appear like they are connected. I am pondering changing how that's displayed, by extending the cyan line to Akrab α in this case.

It would currently look the same if there was also something in Akrab α (eg. an enemy ship that's not an enemy of the purple empire) that obstructed supply propagation into that system by the cyan empire. The half-coloured starlane indicates "couldn't propgate along this starlane", for any reason.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#4 Post by Daybreak »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:58 am The UI is somewhat unclear here, but what this indicates is that the cyan empir esupply propagation from Akrab β had range to propagate into Akrab α, but was prevented from doing so by the supply from the purple empire. If they are allies, then (at least in master) the supply networks should merge, even though it doesn't appear like they are connected. I am pondering changing how that's displayed, by extending the cyan line to Akrab α in this case.

It would currently look the same if there was also something in Akrab α (eg. an enemy ship that's not an enemy of the purple empire) that obstructed supply propagation into that system by the cyan empire. The half-coloured starlane indicates "couldn't propgate along this starlane", for any reason.
Cyan and Purple were allies.
On the other side of Cyan, Purple had colonies, which showed as unconnected to Capital
Purple only had supply to Akrab B, and no further

So not just a display problem, but a supply problem as well.

I did not have a warship down there to test if placing the warship at Akrab B would have made any difference.

Putting aside the alliance at the moment, if no warship had been ever placed there, and cyan and purple were enemies, we would also see what we see, as both empires had 3 supply to reach Akrab B, however purple was first, so would retain 'ownership' of Akrab b, unless I placed a warship there, giving me 'ownership', even after I moved the warship away. I wonder if the bug for supply lies within that code, but thats just a guess

Geoff the Medio

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Daybreak wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:58 amSo not just a display problem, but a supply problem as well.
Try in latest master.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#6 Post by Ophiuchus »

wobbly wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:07 pm As far as I'm aware this is an issue in how supply interacts between allies. I'm pretty sure Ophiuchus has brought it up somewhere, but I'm not sure where the thread is.
yes, sounds very familar.

anyway the bug should be hopefully obsolete with geoffs fixes. situation should be retested with the current master (or probably with the game save from turn 71 with the old code plus the fix in 84dd38e1ec41bf507efd2dd20097492937ae7ed7)
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#7 Post by Daybreak »

ahhh

Thnak you Goeff

Geoff the Medio

#8 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Daybreak wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:04 pmThnak you Goeff
Verify that it works before thanking.

Also it's Geo like in George, not Goe like oe replaced ö.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#9 Post by Daybreak »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:29 pm Also it's Geo like in George, not Goe like oe replaced ö.
sorry I am a two finger, dyslexic fingers typist, where one hand is faster than the other, in this case my right. :) No innuendos please!