Use of new small robotic hull

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
drkosy
Space Dragon

Use of new small robotic hull

#1 Post by drkosy »

I just recently noticed that new hull that is introduced in the game. I watched it and didn't really get the catch. The only use I see in this hull is either as Troop-Ship or as Chaff with robo-interface-shields to push shield-level.

As Troop-Ship I always use the organic line (cheap and fast, you can fit with armor) or in the very late game the energy line (very fast and robust with neutron plates). As colony ship the flux bubble is cheaper, as combat ship the external slots are missing.

That's why I like to ask how you use that new ship hull.
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

Re: Use of new small robotic hull

#2 Post by BlueAward »

I understand it is mostly to give a relevant option in early game to someone who would like to go with robotic line rather than flux or organic. That line was missing a ship similar to flux bubble or simple organic ship. Now you have an option but it is totally fine not to go with it

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by wobbly »

Mostly what BlueAward said. They are pretty reasonable as troop/colony ships if you want to race to Adaptive Automation fast, as they are on that research path, and they don't require an incubator.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#4 Post by Ophiuchus »

The point of the hull is that you can use it as trooper/outposter instead of researching organic hulls
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

drkosy
Space Dragon

#5 Post by drkosy »

to someone who would like to go with robotic line rather than flux or organic
Thanks!
Actually I always go for organic because I use symbiotic as scout and trooper. Most of the time as warship as well. But at least there is an option. Last game I played replicon but found that new hull much to late...
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod