charts.py AI's

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
AndrewW
Juggernaut

charts.py AI's

#1 Post by AndrewW »

I've noticed even when the game is with a reduced number of AI players charts.py is picking up the old log files as well, maybe it could check date/time and see the other AI's wheren't used for the last game?

Or some in-game cleaning of the old AI log files? (Starting a new game removes the AI log files perhaps).

Ok, would be easy enough for me to make a script that cleaned out the AI log files before starting up a new game but just thinking in terms of possible future implementation.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: charts.py AI's

#2 Post by Dilvish »

yes, having the charting script check the log file dates is on my "one of these days..." list
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#3 Post by Dilvish »

ok, the current charting script skips any AI logfiles stale by more than 5 minutes from AI_1.log
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#4 Post by AndrewW »

Dilvish wrote:ok, the current charting script skips any AI logfiles stale by more than 5 minutes from AI_1.log
Sounds good to me.