MiniMe wrote:Here is an example of a dead colony, presumably colonized due to the growth special (system Nusakan, AI #2).
Granted, i do not know if this was their 1st/2nd colony, but it is relatively early in the game and that AI only has 3 colonies set up in total (including that dead colony).
Attached are the AI_logs.
Same in 5983
I just found an AI that put its first colony on a growth special. It died out and is now an outpost.
Cannot attach the AI_logs, they are too large...but in the quoted post there are logs from that game.
I think I was travelling when you posted those logs before, I had tried keeping up on the forums but had some trouble, sorry I missed that. Since there are only a couple turns in those logs, I can't get the full picture, but my observations don't line up with yours.
Perhaps you got logs from the wrong game?. What I find is:
* The logs cover turns 89 and 90, which doesn't seem 'early' in the game to me
* None of the AIs owned any planets in the Nusakan system, but Nusakan 2 is reported by AI 2 as having nonzero defenses and a zero target population, so sounds like an outpost owned by yourself.
* AI 1 had discovered the existence of the Nusakan system, had last observed its contents way back on turn 4, and had never actually visited the system
* AI 2 had last observed the Nusakan system on turn 85
* AI 2 saw value in the system largely because it was a blue or white star and AI 2 did not own any planets in a system with a blue or white star, so high value for a Solar Orbital Generator
* AI 2 knew it would have negative population on Nusakan I and couldn't settle Nusakan III since it was a GG:
Code: Select all
AI_2.log:7089:2013-04-04 11:54:56,033 DEBUG AI : ['Nusakan I : ', 'PRO_SOL_ORB_GEN 400.0', 'GGG from Nusakan III 400.0', 'maxPop -2.0', 'indVal -19.2', "Non-positive population projection for species 'SP_GEORGE', so no colonization value"]
AI_2.log:7090:2013-04-04 11:54:56,033 DEBUG AI : ['Nusakan III : ', 'PRO_SOL_ORB_GEN 400.0', "Can't Settle GG"]
* AI 2 was targeting Nusakan II for invasion. I don't know what the invasion analysis was since that info just gets logged while the invasion is being considered, not after troops actually get assigned, which was already the case when these logs start at turn 89
So, from these logs, everything looks fine.
If you had earlier captured the planet from AI 2, it's very possible you found it as an outpost simply because the AI wanted it for a solar generator & so established an outpost, not because the AI mistakenly thought it could survive there. Alternatively, perhaps AI 2 *did* have a positive population expectation while the planet was supply-connected to other growth specials it owned, but then you or someone blockaded it and so it died. Or else monsters killed it with biological attacks.
If you want a more thorough analysis, such as of your current situation, I'd need more logs & preferable a saved game. But please be sure you've really thought through it & it appears there is a high likelihood of a problem, because it does take a while to go through all this.
For the saved game please specify not just your version but also your source (prepackaged Windows, MacOS, etc, to help me be able to load the game since we have some incompatibility problems even between builds of the same version but built on different systems). For the logs, for situations like this more than 2 turns will generally be needed. If the logs are too long, even compressed, then you could try attaching them to separate posts, or only posting the ones you believed mattered (here AI's 1 and 2 would have been all that mattered), or posting them on some third party hosting site.