rev 6027

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
ogre
Space Squid

rev 6027

#1 Post by ogre »

freeorion_0.4.2+svn6027-1_amd64.deb + freeorion-data_0.4.2+svn6027-1_all.deb
&&
'jessie' apt.sources patch...

ON KALI aa64 1.0.3

installed, runs, not too much of an official myself (on linux/debian dependancies) and such an install such as mentioned above MAY BE IMPROPER...
but seeing as my windows box is DOWN these are the bugs i SEE

bugs:
my resolution is 1366x768 @ 32bpp
worked fine in full screen without manually selecting the depth/width
tried switching to windowed mode... WORKED FINE UNTIL
i tried to set a 'leftmost edge'
now it WONT CREATE?[show?] GALAXY(quick start fails too), tried removing the leftmost edge of 166 still doesnt work
trying full screen now... NOPE
trying `rm -R ~\.freeorion`
... no success

the OTHER bug i noticed is
when one attempts to ally with a race it tends to request an alliance with the incorrect race in the species index?
could be the list is off...
not sure

thanks guys :P

P.S.
haven't played in a while
like the rebalanced tech costs and new shields
like the weapon rebalancing (now that i'm accustomed to it)
Last edited by ogre on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
thanks for a great game. :)

Starcraft, Syndicate, Populous, Star Control II, Master of Orion, Master of Magic, X-COM UFO Defense, Spacehulk: Vengence of the Blood Angels.

ogre
Space Squid

Re: rev 6027

#2 Post by ogre »

WOOPS
rebooted still wouldnt work
`rm -R ~/.freeorion` a couple more times...
still didn't work...

THEN
i got full screen working again by hitting 'apply'
got the 'leftmost' thing working now too...
MAN THAT APPLY BUTTON MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE DOESN'T IT?

sorry for the id10t errno
^_^
Last edited by ogre on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starcraft, Syndicate, Populous, Star Control II, Master of Orion, Master of Magic, X-COM UFO Defense, Spacehulk: Vengence of the Blood Angels.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#3 Post by Dilvish »

setting a leftmost edge works fine for me, but it's worth following up on. To reset things so that you can try duplicating the problem & exploring other potential causes (not to mention playing the game :D ) delete config.xml.

As for the diplomacy messaging mismatch, yes that's known & I believe is fixed in the current SVN version (~6200), not sure when that will roll out via the debian releases. There are roughly weekly releases posted directly here as well if you want to stay more current.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

ogre
Space Squid

#4 Post by ogre »

Dilvish wrote:There are roughly weekly releases posted directly here as well if you want to stay more current.
i would love to stay bleeding edge for you guys, but how often do the dependancies move independant of your releases?
i'd hate to start mumbling about bugs caused by untracked dependancies and a fresh client/server. ;)

(and i DO mumble ^_^)