FO 0.4.4 svn 7641 win32 build

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
mZhura
Space Kraken

FO 0.4.4 svn 7641 win32 build

#1 Post by mZhura »

not a big deal, but why "tab" key doesn't select next option in "options" menu on game start? instead it adds " " to the current option.
and why "esc" key doesn't close "options" menu on game start?

"tab" and "esc" doesn't work at all?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: FO 0.4.4 svn 7641 win32 build

#2 Post by Dilvish »

The escape key does work to close the Sitrep window, Production window, and the Research window. Enabling it to work in a few more places is just some of the UI work waiting to be done-- if you can code & are interested in contributing that would probably be a pretty decent to get started since there is already similar code in place. Same thing goes for tab, at least in that it's waiting to be done-- I'm not sure how close any existing code is for using as a template/example.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

mZhura
Space Kraken

#3 Post by mZhura »

sorry, i'm too lazy to programm :) i've just returned to see the progress of project.

by the way - i've set the "monsters" to "none", and they still destroying my scouts! :(

mZhura
Space Kraken

#4 Post by mZhura »

colonial fleet at HW doesn't refuelling :( i've tried "next turn" - still zero fuel :(
Attachments
save-20141019_100615.zip
(233.57 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#5 Post by Vezzra »

mZhura wrote:by the way - i've set the "monsters" to "none", and they still destroying my scouts! :(
There are some monsters whose purpose is to guard certain specials (Ancient Ruins, Gaia, Computronium Moon etc.) or planets with certain natives (Acirema). Creation of these "guard monsters" are not affected by the Monsters Frequency setting, so they will still show up even with Monsters Frequency set to "None".

There has been some discussions about that issue, and it has been suggested to be able to turn off monsters completely, but there hasn't been a final decision on that yet.
mZhura wrote:colonial fleet at HW doesn't refuelling :( i've tried "next turn" - still zero fuel :(
If you're referring to the fleet at Theemim, that's because you built a colony base instead of a colony ship. Colony bases are immobile (as you can see, not only does it have no fuel, but its speed stat is also zero) and only intended for in-system colonization. If you want a colony vessel you can send to other systems, you need to build the (more expensive) colony ship.

mZhura
Space Kraken

#6 Post by mZhura »

Vezzra wrote:There are some monsters whose purpose is to guard certain specials (Ancient Ruins, Gaia, Computronium Moon etc.) or planets with certain natives (Acirema). Creation of these "guard monsters" are not affected by the Monsters Frequency setting, so they will still show up even with Monsters Frequency set to "None"
understood. thanks
Vezzra wrote:
mZhura wrote:colonial fleet at HW doesn't refuelling :( i've tried "next turn" - still zero fuel :(
If you're referring to the fleet at Theemim, that's because you built a colony base instead of a colony ship. Colony bases are immobile (as you can see, not only does it have no fuel, but its speed stat is also zero) and only intended for in-system colonization. If you want a colony vessel you can send to other systems, you need to build the (more expensive) colony ship.
oops :oops: thanks again :D

mZhura
Space Kraken

#7 Post by mZhura »

http://clip2net.com/s/j7e2Hk
why shipyard and drydock reducing infrastructure?

can you please add "show in Pedia" to structures, like that: http://clip2net.com/s/j7e6wc
and maybe - not only structures... :)

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#8 Post by MatGB »

mZhura wrote:http://clip2net.com/s/j7e2Hk
why shipyard and drydock reducing infrastructure?
Holdover from an old idea of how to use infrastructure, and almost certainly worth reconsidering in light of that idea basically being dumped.

I need to go through buildings and rebalance a chunk of them at some point.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

mZhura
Space Kraken

#9 Post by mZhura »

mZhura wrote:Holdover from an old idea of how to use infrastructure, and almost certainly worth reconsidering in light of that idea basically being dumped.
I need to go through buildings and rebalance a chunk of them at some point.
how can i determine - whether new colony aquire supply line or not?
something tells me that this section of quick play guide are slightly out of date... :idea:

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#10 Post by MatGB »

Ah, yeah, I never finished that, we need to split the "quick play guide" up into an actual quick play guide then a larger reference work explaining the game and key concepts.

Planets gain supply over time, immediately colonised they start with minimal supply and gain up to their max. A medium planet has 0 bonus, a large and huge planet gets -1/-2, small and tiny get +1/+2. Then there are species bonuses, most have normal supply so get +1, some have bad supply (Mu Ursh being the most obvious) and get no bonus, some have good or great supply (Egassem and Volp Uglush spring to mind) get bonuses.

Then there are tech bonuses, Orbital Construction is a crucial tech and there are a couple others, and you can build Space Elevators to negate the supply problems of larger planets.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.