Prompting to build Gas Giant Generator

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
mem359
Dyson Forest

Prompting to build Gas Giant Generator

#1 Post by mem359 »

The game sends messages in the Sit Rep window suggesting to build a Gas Giant Generator, if there is an outpost on a Gas Giant and there are no Generators in the system (either built or in the build queue). The message stops once a Generator is added to the Build Queue.

I suggest that the message also be stopped if the Gas Giant is being converted to an Artificial (Factory/Paradise) World.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Prompting to build Gas Giant Generator

#2 Post by MatGB »

That's one of the custom sitreps and can be cancelled or changed in the "common user customisations" folder. It would probably make sense to have it anyway but some people might want the GGG while converting for the marginal bonus.

Having said that, right click on the sitrep icon when it comes up and indefinitely dismiss that sitrep, gone for you.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

mem359
Dyson Forest

Re: Prompting to build Gas Giant Generator

#3 Post by mem359 »

Ah, thanks, I was unaware of what was in the customizations folder.
(Or the stringtables folder, for that matter.)
I now see how to change these messages.