git why bigger fonts?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: git why bigger fonts?

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

ghealy wrote:How would one set font to 12 with a line height to 15 using the current GUI ( i.e. not changing code directly)?
In the options menu UI tab.
Attachments
font size options
font size options
font_size.png (727.77 KiB) Viewed 404 times

ghealy
Space Kraken

#17 Post by ghealy »

Thanks, Geoff. I realized that the text field was the font size, but had not realized that 'Window titles' control the line height.

Ouaz
Dyson Forest

#18 Post by Ouaz »

ghealy wrote:Thanks, Geoff. I realized that the text field was the font size, but had not realized that 'Window titles' control the line height.
Err... No.

"Text" is indeed the "main" font size (e.g. main text of a pedia article), but "Windows titles" is not the value for the text line height, and refers to... the windows titles font size.

On Geoff screenshot, "Options" and "Freeorion Main Menu" is 16pt (Windows titles), everything else is 15pt (Text).

ghealy wrote: How would one set font to 12 with a line height to 15 using the current GUI ( i.e. not changing code directly)?
AFAIK, this is not possible to set the line height, independently of the text font size.
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

ghealy
Space Kraken

#19 Post by ghealy »

So I found out. Thanks for that clarification. :)