I'm currently uploading the repository to my github account and will move it to the freeorion org account as soon as I uploaded it.
Migration status (bold entries are new/updated to ):
* The whole repository now roots in the FreeOrion directory.
* The /trunk/FreeOrion/WindowsKit.zip (Windows SDK for version v0.1 and v0.2) was deleted from history.
* The /trunk/DesignerTools was split into a separate repository. I guess we can delete it.
* All authors were renamed to their name given on github, sourceforge and the credits file, prioritized as listed.
* All authors emails were fetched from github and the SVN repository UUID, prioritized as listed.
* All branches were retained, except of /branches/python-integration, which were never merged back to /trunk and is really old.
* All branches were renamed consistently lowercase, replacing underscores with dashes.
* Open branch endings and beginnings were stitched to their corresponding split/merge commit, except /branches/release-0.4.4 as this branch was and should never be merged back to /trunk.
* All tags were retained and converted to annotated tags, except of /tags/RELEASE_V_0_1_INSTALLER, /tags/RELEASE_V_0_2_INSTALLER and /tags/start
* All version tags were renamed to match semantic version tagging vMAJOR.MINOR.PATCH
* All missing tags from http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/Compile#Tarballs
were added with Geoff as tagger, copying the commit date and the commit message to commit tagged.
* Enforced LF line endings for whole commit history.
* Added .gitattributes to apply proper native line endings when checking code out, normalizing text files to LF when checking in. Adding special cases for VS and Xcode specific files. Excluded binary files from line ending normalization.
* Applied most recent commits from freeorion:freeorion repository master branch with proper author, time and committer (No time traveling for you, included all commits up to 1eb882861caccc9c39e78655976a6737b910baf2).
* Added logging-migration branch from freeorion:freeorion-fixed to the new repository with proper author, time and committer.
* Unstitched release-v0.4.4 branch.
* Repacked the whole repository from 853Mb to 468Mb.
Time for the loose ends:
I suggest to:
* Delete all merged branches to remove clutter. So every branch except: master, release-v0.4.4 and logging-migration.
* Delete the release-v0.4.4 branch. The release has already a tag, which keeps the history alive and we don't work on a bugfix release for v0.4.4 so no branch is required here IMO.
* Delete the v0.4.4-rc* tags. Tags do mainly map to releases on github. I don't think that end users are really interested into our internal testing release candidates.
Other things to consider:
If or how we migrate the open tickets and feature requests from sourceforge to github.