1.0 in 2060 A.D. !!1!

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

Re: 1.0 in 2060 A.D. !!1!

#16 Post by Aquitaine »

My mistake - it was '03, not '02. So Happy 14.

(tough to count properly with that eye-stalk)
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#17 Post by Vezzra »

Aquitaine wrote:My mistake - it was '03, not '02.
Are you sure about that? I found numerous references to discussions and decisions which happened on an old forum that apparently crashed. This forum here (the "new" one) has been established after this crash. Looking at the member list indicates that the "new" forum was set up in June 2003. Judging by the number of references to the lost discussions and decisions on the old forum I always thought that the original forum had to be running at least for a couple of months, which is why I thought 2002 was the year FreeOrion started...

If the project started in May (or maybe April) 2003, then the original forum couln't have been running longer than 2-3 months...?

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#18 Post by Aquitaine »

It wasn't running long.

Plus, Moo3 was released in February '03. So unlikely we'd be complaining about it on their forums in' 02.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#19 Post by Vezzra »

Aquitaine wrote:Plus, Moo3 was released in February '03. So unlikely we'd be complaining about it on their forums in' 02.
Well, I have to concede, that's a compelling argument. :oops: ;)

The Silent One
Graphics

#20 Post by The Silent One »

Vezzra wrote:Yeah, I remember reading something someone wrote somewhere (never been able to find that again) about how you guys were frustrated with MOO3 and then (I think) Tyreth made the suggestion: "Let's make our own game!". And this is how it all got started...
I think you are looking for this: http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2009/08 ... ach-laine/
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#21 Post by Vezzra »

Ah yes, exactly! Muchas gracias! :D

Figures that the oldest still active dev knew where to find this... :lol:

The Silent One
Graphics

#22 Post by The Silent One »

Vezzra wrote:Ah yes, exactly! Muchas gracias! :D

Figures that the oldest still active dev knew where to find this... :lol:
Who accidentally stumbled across this a couple of weeks ago... :wink:
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.