Suggestion: Adding specific specials to Objects menu

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

zarquan
Space Floater

Suggestion: Adding specific specials to Objects menu

#1 Post by zarquan »

I think it would be nice if we could create a boolean section for if a special exists on the object. We currently (as of 0.4.6) have number of specials, but not a check for specific specials. For example, if I wanted to search for planets without the Gaia special, I would go to Has Special (which would be a menu), which would fill the column with true or false (or 1 or 0), which we could then sort by. This would allow us to more easily find planets without Gaia so that we can start the Gaia Transformation as soon as possible. We could also use it to more easily find our metabolism enhancers (xi spice, etc) to make sure our lowest potential planet is set to supply without having to go though the pedia.

I understand that the list would be rather large at this point, but I think it would be worth it.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Suggestion: Adding specific specials to Objects menu

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Using the filters button at the bottom-left, you can enable a Has Special filter using the bottom-left droplist, and then select a particular special by name using the bottom-right droplist.

LGM-Doyle
Programmer

#3 Post by LGM-Doyle »

Use geoff's solution if you want to search for a given special, but if want to build something on all colonies possible then you can use the Objects window.

If you want to start Gaia special on every planet on which it can be built do the following
1. Open the Objects window.
2. Select all of the planets.
3. Right click -> Queue Building -> Gaia special.

This will add Gaia special to the bottom of the build queue for all of the planets that you own, than can build the Gaia special.

zarquan
Space Floater

#4 Post by zarquan »

For some reason, I did not see the filters button. My bad. Also, I didn't realize I could select more than one planet on the objects menu. Thank you very much.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I'd added some new column options to the objects list, including one that may be useful for locating specials.
Attachments
new columns in objects list
new columns in objects list
new_columns.png (225.89 KiB) Viewed 1394 times