Can armor parts grow with time, like organic hulls do?

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Can armor parts grow with time, like organic hulls do?

#1 Post by Oberlus »

I'm giving dedicated armor parts to Biotec's living hulls (living armor for living and growing ships), like tougher skin, adamantium skeleton and stuff. And it would be boring if it is just a organic version of standard armors, so I thought to give them growing capabilities like the growing HPs of current organic hulls (or the growing damage of some monter's weapons).

Can this be done with current mechanics?
I don't need the how to, just to know if it is possible, to consider it or rule it out.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Can armor parts grow with time, like organic hulls do?

#2 Post by Ophiuchus »

In my understanding as armor does not have an associated part meter it is currently not possible.

Edit1. But as armor changes structure and that has meters, it should actually be possible to script up the necessary effects
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Can armor parts grow with time, like organic hulls do?

#3 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:05 pmas armor changes structure and that has meters, it should actually be possible to script up the necessary effects
Great. Thus full HP of biotec ships will grow with time, starting at some below-average HP/PP and getting over-average when grown up.