Proposal for Loyalty, Security and Stability

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: Proposal for Loyalty, Security and Stability

#16 Post by labgnome »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:30 pmWell, lets specify some vocabulary to avoid confusions from my part:
Thanks for the clarification.

In order to get that functionality in game, I think it is much clever to make that policies/techs/buildings/etc that increase Security at the same time they reduce Opinion, and each policy/tech/building/etc. could have different combinations of bonuses and maluses to suit for different gameplay styles: I force you to work harder at gun point, you work harder for me and hate my guts; or I give you drugs that makes you numb and work for me not very fast but you don't get to hate me; etc.. Reasonable, right?
Yes reasonable. I suppose the same could be said for influence projects (as far as things that effect security). Maybe we should brainstorm some ideas for what these might be?
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Proposal for Loyalty, Security and Stability

#17 Post by Oberlus »

labgnome wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:43 pm
policies/techs/buildings/etc
I suppose the same could be said for influence projects
Yes, anything, that's what I meant by policies/techs/buildings/etc. I guess I should have said policies/techs/buildings/specials/species traits/projects/ship parts/anything/etc.

Maybe we should brainstorm some ideas for what these might be?
Sure, why not. But not in this thread, please. It's already cluttered with digression about concepts and misunderstandings, and the subject here is only the mechanic, as in "Can we use this planet variables and rules to track opinion (individual planet opinions as well as species-wide opinions) to abstract de concepts of rebellion due to unhappiness and peaceful/influence conquest?". Once a decission for that is made, we can devote efforts to the details, the specific policies/techs/buildings/specials/species traits/projects/ship parts/anything/etc., etc.