Infrastructure based bonuses

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: Infrastructure based bonuses

#31 Post by labgnome »

Oberlus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:45 pm I think numbers might be off, letting too many buildings per planet and too soon.
Buildings that increase output should not increase infrastructure, but reduce it.
I forgot to go over it again, it should be +40, not +30, I was originally thinking of including the abandoned colony's +10 infrastructure, but decided against it while writing the post. I also might have missed a building, but the point still remains that building everything at your capitol, and having buildings cost infrastructure is not mutually exclusive.

If Asymptotic Materials is too soon, then maybe just Architectural Psychology could give +10, and go to Force Energy Structures giving +10, with N-Dimensional Structures giving +20.

I was mostly trying to build off of the idea that these buildings are our megastructures, and so themselves might add to the local infrastructure. The intent was also to have high infrastructure locations off of the capitol, in case players wanted to have more than one location you could conceivably "build everything" without having to propose new buildings.

However you're probably right that buildings that increase output should consume infrastructure. Probably all buildings that increase output should.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.