Diplomatic policies

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

o01eg
Programmer

Diplomatic policies

#1 Post by o01eg »

While looking at new 0.5 version I get idea for multiplayer game.

Empire get additional special slots per other empire its allied for diplomatic policies.

Diplomatic policies could be two types:
  • Symmetric policy - empire and ally should set same diplomacy policy here for same effects work.
  • Asymmetric policy - empire and ally should set each of paired diplomacy policies for different effects work.
It better to show in UI if ally already set some policy and empire need to set its own.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Diplomatic policies

#2 Post by Oberlus »

I love it.

Trade treaties (could be symmetrical and asymmetrical) to increase influence, research and/or industry, or to share specials' bonuses.
E.g. an assymmetrical treaty that boosts influence in one side's capital and research on the research-focused planets of the other side (knowledge transfer treaty), or a symmetrical treaty of free commerce that boosts both sides' industry of industry-focused planets.

Vassalage treaties? Those that clearly benefit one side more than the other, or even benefits one side and hampers the other. "Hey, you give me 10% of your PPs (into my stockpile) and a boost to my stockpile distribution and you get a happiness penalty in all your planets, or I conquer you first, what will it be?"